CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Notts County matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio definitely played his part today and to be fair he will get better with a few games . It can not be easy to play 2 games in 3 days having not played for three months. He has defiantly brought enthusiasm and energy and he has legs to run all day.

Man of the match does him no favours when it isn't justified. That said he will play again on Wednesday and probably on Sat. He deserves his run and hopefully some games will allow him to settle in.
Crawley Tom
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicky Adams was my MoM
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wel done jg for recognising the playmaking skill and intelligence to give armband to the real mom drury. Sergio average. Jamie some awful play mixed with some goose movement unlucky not ti score. Jg was right saying it was one sided not quite thrashing coildve been tjose diving cheats deserved nothing their keeper was their mom kept score to single goal
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone at the club get a calculator for christmas if they did they may need to take it back as it doesn't appear to be adding up correctly it definitely seem 2 day then on boxing days more people
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree far more there today. 3500 plus.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

JG speaking to BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1822536
Mark Connolly speaking to BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1822537
JG interview on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYCrqLkXp4Q
Mark Connolly interview on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgE2Ipa6iZA
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Drury was excellent today and if we can find a striker who can finish we will make play offs as back four are now working as a solid unit.

and felt a bit sad today when Sergio was made man of the match...hope he shares his champagne with Drury,,!!
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take three points every day, but 1-0 against one of the poorest sides to play at the Broadfield Stadium was a bit disappointing.

I thought it was 1st April when Sergio was announced as man of the match. A contender for man of the first half certainly, but looked a wee bit lost in the second half and was certainly bettered by three or more players over the course of the game.

Good games from Connelly and Drury, perfect game from Jones in goal - was he bored? Wink - better crosses from Adams and Proctor nearly hit the form we want.

Interesting how Proctor was at fault during the game, even when others (ie Mike Jones lost the ball) the "fans" behind me blamed Proctor..... mind you they seemed more preoccupied with their mobiles than the game.....

Can we ban mobile phones at matches?
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can we ban mobile phones at matches?

Any particular reason, Constable Savage ?

Or just "Looking at me in a funny way" ? Laughing Wink
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see Dumbaya play today. Still very fast, tricky and full of skill, he always looked dangerous. But i can't really remember him getting the better of Sadler and co. at all. They seemed to have the measure of him all game... Smile
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary M wrote:
Proctor played well and worked hard, so unlucky today. A keeper in great form, and hitting the post and the bar. Would loved him to have got one, it would increase his confidence.

Would go towards offsetting all the dents to it he gets from the 'supporters' behind the goal. Mad Rolling Eyes
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for Shaun Derry - he really has inherited a shower. One of the poorest sides I have seen in ages. I thought Muzzy Dumbuya was a half decent player last season, but today he didn't look interested, just another journeyman waiting for the next paycheck.

The first half was totally forgettable apart from Proctor's miss.

Second half they were never in it. Appropriate that Connolly scored the goal (what was the defender on the line doing??). We seemed to kick on after that and Proctor had a few decent efforts but we didn't get the goals we should have done and there comes a point where the excuses start to wear thin.

Positives. Drury - outstanding. Torres - committed and worth his place (but was never MoM). Connolly - looked like the player that Bolton paid 1m for - has really come on well under JG. Fadz/Walsh - solid in defence and County never had a chance.

Negatives - hopeless up front. I don't know what we do in training but Proctor and Sinclair looked like they had met in the tunnel before the game. Sorry to say we will never get out of this league with the three forwards we have. Plus Sadler seems to have tailed off badly, always backing off.

The pitch was poor, loads of divots and turf coming up in great chunks.

A home win at last and keeps us well clear of the pack. However I would back on Notts Co for the drop on today's showing.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Agree far more there today. 3500 plus.

laughing4 dunce joker
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary M wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
Sergio was average, I think he does better coming on as a sub.

Drury was superb in the middle, I think he relished his chance as captain.

County were poor and didn't offer much threat but we created sufficient chances to warrant a deserved win.

Sergio was better than average. He wasn't MoM but was up there. Agree re Drury, transformed now in the middle of the park. Connolly was my MoM. Lots of drive, defensively sound and of course scored the goal.
Proctor played well and worked hard, so unlucky today. A keeper in great form, and hitting the post and the bar. Would loved him to have got one, it would increase his confidence.

No, Sergio wasn't MOTM today (even JG thought his mum and dad had voted for him - but he greatly appreciated the shift he put in - he's now got another squad player he can actually use!). His performance was excellent - no surprise to me of course - I've been extolling his virtues for some time now. He did what most of us know he is good at and also lifted the performance levels of those around him through his sheer enthusiasm and hard work closing down the opposition players, nicking the ball back, ensuring we kept possession. Drury capitalised on this as Serge enabled him to play with freedom and had many eye catching moments. I think this partnership will only get better. Connolly had another good game and also had the freedom to get forward. Nicky Adams put in his usual shift and his crossing has improved since Gregory arrived. It was a shame Jamie didn't score at the end as he needs the confidence a goal will bring. Sinclair made some good runs, but needs to do it more often. My MOTM would probably be Mark Connolly, with Drury a close 2nd and Serge 3rd.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGTom wrote:
Nicky Adams was my MoM

AGREED MY FRIEND

He is by far our best player
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: