CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Crewe Alexandra matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tels
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBCTFC7 wrote:
Feel like it's time to take a risk up front and stick Jonte there...

May need to follow Colchester and use a lot of the youth guys with some passion - i believe young Malins is playing well at right back whilst on loan a Bognor maybe also worth getting him back and a look?
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Facts are we have no manger and quite a number of our players would prefer to be else where.

I think with Barker in charge we would have survived. We have thrown the dice on the basis we would improve . Disagree I think we are going to struggle. No money ...players out of contract...if this club is still in league one it will be a huge achievement no matter who takes over .

You have 18 players ...no manager and crap form .... over to you CEO.

From what I have seen, I think there are four sides who are worse than us. That doesn't make me confident about a massive pick-up in form, just that a number of other teams will have to pick theirs up to finish ahead of us. It will be tight but we should be OK. Whetehr we struggle depends on who the new manager is and who he brings in to the club IMHO.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
On the plus side we may play my father in law's team next season - Sheffield Wednesday!! Obviously we need to sort out our form first... Lets have a good turnout at Bristol Rovers and back the team!

Wrong Bristol but never mind Smile.

Well enjoy your trip to city next week then

If you don't mind I'll go to Rovers
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBCTFC7 wrote:
Feel like it's time to take a risk up front and stick Jonte there...

Not the answer at all.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Crewe have the worst scoring and defensive records in the division. And for 35 mins we had an extra man as well. But we still lost and scored nil.

Unbelievable.

Even the guys on the radio were talking about Drury's "disgraceful miss" at the end and how Sinclair had to be taken off after 65 mins as he was spent.

Fortunately other results went our way or we would be sliding alarmingly downwards.

Let's hope we find a new manager soon. A major overhaul is needed and we should be be considering offers for anyone come January to free up cash and wages.
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a bit worried that we got rid of Barker and didn't have a proven replacement in mind. Especially as we haven't the resources to spend big on new players and even get a "better" manager. Although some of the players didn't seem to be playing their best I can't see sacking Barker was the best option. Still I hope I am wrong and if we start scoring then hopefully our form will pick up. And a run in the Cup will help.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacking was either right or wrong but it's done and he will not be back.

The group of players we have are better than the results we have been getting. Why is that? I wish I knew but when the results are against you you must keep picking your best team (note team, not players) and stick with it.

I couldn't go today but I listened to JB' s commentary and it sounded as if we were much better than previous weeks. Give the players a chance to turn it around before you get on their backs. Let Hinshlewood and Alexander have more than a few days before stating they are not up to it.

As I said. From the sound of it we were better today. Come on you Reds!

Jim Baker
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No manager, no wins, no goals, no money, no crowds, no atmosphere, no new owners?
But do you know what, I will still be travelling to Bristol next week to cheer the boys on, it is at times like these that we need to show a bit of backbone and dig in for the lads, we have got bugger all else to be cheery about at present!
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

Martin Hinshelwood on BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1767282
Jamie Proctor on BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1767296
Martin Hinshelwood on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqkdpaoTd8Y
Jamie Proctor on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qw_cqo3ko
Nicky Adams on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....we-setback
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
No manager, no wins, no goals, no money, no crowds, no atmosphere, no new owners?
But do you know what, I will still be travelling to Bristol next week to cheer the boys on, it is at times like these that we need to show a bit of backbone and dig in for the lads, we have got bugger all else to be cheery about at present!

Top notch mate

See you there

COYR
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:

Top notch mate

See you there

COYR

That makes at least four of us then with my two mates coming too!
Going to get the semi-retired Crawley Town FC flag out as well, we have never lost away when in the cup with it on display, so it could be the lucky charm we need, god i hope so!
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:any one know the league one record for fewest goals scored ? We can't be far off it now 1/ 8 is some going. Eyes on the prize .
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So gutted with today. People can look at this at oh we are in trouble etc etc, but we played really well today and were so unlucky not to take anything from the game. I still have no idea how we didn't score, let alone win, we were all over them... all game! We started with two upfront and put Billy LM, which IMO didn't really work, it was only until we brought on MJ and Drury we really looked a threat and a good balanced side.

We are a good side, we are still in a solid position in the league and we will bounce back, that I am sure of.

102 Crawley fans today, once again, laughable - people seriously cannot sit and moan about it all when they don't even bother to go to any games and support the team. Fair play to the 102 fans, loud and proud, as always!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
So gutted with today. People can look at this at oh we are in trouble etc etc, but we played really well today and were so unlucky not to take anything from the game. I still have no idea how we didn't score, let alone win, we were all over them... all game! We started with two upfront and put Billy LM, which IMO didn't really work, it was only until we brought on MJ and Drury we really looked a threat and a good balanced side.

We are a good side, we are still in a solid position in the league and we will bounce back, that I am sure of.

102 Crawley fans today, once again, laughable - people seriously cannot sit and moan about it all when they don't even bother to go to any games and support the team. Fair play to the 102 fans, loud and proud, as always!

Sounds like the usual old record that RB used to play each game - we battered them, we played well, we bossed it etc.

According to the BBC Crewe had more possession than us and as many chances. Plus according to JB on the radio the sending off was actually a stonewall penalty to them (EDIT, just seen on SSN, it was a clear penalty).

Well done to those who went, another long journey, unfortunately for many at this time of year mone is tight and they don't have the cash to see us travel half the country and score nil. Get it right at home and the away numbers might also pick up.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair simon, the comment coming from dan, who got there, saw the game and gave an honest view gives me some hope. You have made the point over countless posts that you are not happy.

However, we are not 10 points adrift at the bottom and we can come back. The glass is half full
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: