CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Walsall matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Michael wrote:
I think in 40 years of watching football that has got to to be the worst game I have ever seen. No passion what so ever, Barker for *beep* sake show some desire on the side lines, on Tuesday the crowd will be below 3,000 because there is NO PASSION. Don't give me remember where we are. I shall be at Millwall as soon as possible because we need desire.


A very good posting, I hope Barker reads it , as it is clear Barker is not pleasing the fans and is turning them away.

Get a decent result next game Crawley, otherwise, they'll only be a few of us left watching you.


Evil or Very Mad
good post i agree fans left early doubt they coulf stomache more of barkers dull tactics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hants Red
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 Dec 2017
Posts: 213
Topics: 10
Location: Lovedean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Walsall Reply with quote

I've been saying for a year now 1 up front is not the way to go; at least under Evans we had passion and played at a high tempo. RB said it was long ball but not all of the time, I always left the ground feeling I had been entertained, these days I'm lucky to leave the ground feeling my feet.

Strange the comments about Andy Drury; I thought he had one of his better games today, out wide is not his best position, he needs to be in central midfield pulling the strings. Kyle could give the ball to him instead of trying 60 yard Hollywood passes and kicking it straight out.

PLEASE CAN WE HAVE TWO UP TOP ON TUESDAY, let's have a go at teams, stick it in the corner and get them turned facing their own goal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Last Visit: 02 Nov 2014
Posts: 354
Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: TORA, TORA........ Reply with quote

.......Torres!! You want passion? Somebody to pass the ball to our players? Somebody to win the ball back high up the pitch? Somebody to fill the gaping chasm that was our midfield at times? If you don't know who it is, read the book!! Unfortunately, the Barker is not for turning!! All of his qualities, and there are many, are wiped out by his intransigence over playing Sergio. It insults the player and it insults the fans who have loved having him at the Club since 2010. He had an excuse when we were playing relatively well but we are creating precious little now. Forget the errors at the back - that's just a smokescreen - the real problem is upfront and midfield. Look in the goals for column - dismal!! Don't cry out about your small squad until you have explored all options. I'll say it again for the last time - give Sergio a run of matches (min. 3) and watch the improvement!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 18 Feb 2018
Posts: 4964
Topics: 102
Location: Ifield

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
I think in 40 years of watching football that has got to to be the worst game I have ever seen.


You weren't at Carlisle then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 18 Feb 2018
Posts: 4964
Topics: 102
Location: Ifield

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: TORA, TORA........ Reply with quote

AllRed63 wrote:
.......Torres!! You want passion? Somebody to pass the ball to our players? Somebody to win the ball back high up the pitch? Somebody to fill the gaping chasm that was our midfield at times? If you don't know who it is, read the book!! Unfortunately, the Barker is not for turning!! All of his qualities, and there are many, are wiped out by his intransigence over playing Sergio. It insults the player and it insults the fans who have loved having him at the Club since 2010. He had an excuse when we were playing relatively well but we are creating precious little now. Forget the errors at the back - that's just a smokescreen - the real problem is upfront and midfield. Look in the goals for column - dismal!! Don't cry out about your small squad until you have explored all options. I'll say it again for the last time - give Sergio a run of matches (min. 3) and watch the improvement!


Are you Sergio's dad?

Not the answer, as proven.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lee 66
Coach
Coach


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 2358
Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game was tiresome,It just isnt any fun watching Crawley at the moment.
Standing in terrace today you could feel the frustration from nearly everyone.
Not just those that tend to moan more either,even the more positive fans amoungst us were, for a better word ,bored.
For the first time this season I saw people looking glum and fed up leaving the ground.I heard mutterings of general discontent as people made their way out.I really hope the team can find some sort of spark for Tuesday night because these performences we are seeing are doing the club no favours.
I'm not interested where we were 5 years ago or people saying we should be thankfull to be in league one blah blah.Im worried that many of our supporters are getting bored of what they are seeing.Im even more worried that many will think it simply just isn't worth the money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Last Visit: 02 Nov 2014
Posts: 354
Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: TORA, TORA........ Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
AllRed63 wrote:
.......Torres!! You want passion? Somebody to pass the ball to our players? Somebody to win the ball back high up the pitch? Somebody to fill the gaping chasm that was our midfield at times? If you don't know who it is, read the book!! Unfortunately, the Barker is not for turning!! All of his qualities, and there are many, are wiped out by his intransigence over playing Sergio. It insults the player and it insults the fans who have loved having him at the Club since 2010. He had an excuse when we were playing relatively well but we are creating precious little now. Forget the errors at the back - that's just a smokescreen - the real problem is upfront and midfield. Look in the goals for column - dismal!! Don't cry out about your small squad until you have explored all options. I'll say it again for the last time - give Sergio a run of matches (min. 3) and watch the improvement!


Are you Sergio's dad?

Not the answer, as proven.


What glib tosh that is - sorry - when was it proven? How can it be proven - the guy hasn't played - 60 minutes against Newport when he was rusty as hell does not count as proof!! I'm not Sergio's Dad - I just appreciate everything Sergio has done for the club on and off the field and I believe he deserves far better respect from the current manager and some fans it seems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trev
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jul 2017
Posts: 933
Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today’s game was one of the poorest for a long time and if we keep playing such football we will drive away all but the most diehard supporter. Up in the west stand many of the fans were openly slagging of Barker say such things that his teams come out without any passion. That yes we pass the ball around the middle of the park but once we get near the oppositions penalty area we forget what to do. If RB does not get them playing with more tempo, commitment and entertaining football we will keep on sliding down till we have a relegation fight on our hands. RB could start by showing more passion himself instead of just standing motionless in his technical area. If he did show some emotion and enthusiasm it might rub off on the players or he could just start to play Sergio and let his enthusiasm lift the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

RB talking to BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1751847
Mike Jones talking to BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1751871
RB on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joHwbgsvxxw
Mike Jones - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P4feRlYe_M
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Torres and appreciate everything he has done and does do for the club. I even bought and read his book.

But he isn't of sufficient quality for league 1 ...people may struggle to accept that but he isn't strong enough on the ball or does he have the skill at this level. His energy and effort are fantastic but it only takes you so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Savage
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 219
Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
I didn't miss much then? Smile Cool


You missed me looking for you in the bar before the game!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tels
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Aug 2018
Posts: 254
Topics: 14
Location: Pound Hill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I like Torres and appreciate everything he has done and does do for the club. I even bought and read his book.

But he isn't of sufficient quality for league 1 ...people may struggle to accept that but he isn't strong enough on the ball or does he have the skill at this level. His energy and effort are fantastic but it only takes you so far.

Maybe so but at least he can drive and pass forwards!I got very frustrated with M Jones and Drury today you could count the forwards passes on one hand and perish the thought they might want to take someone on or get past the striker - very little creativity on both sides today but a point against a team who took 3 off Peterborough earlier in the week is a fair one IMHO. Both teams seemed set up to not lose - and neither did
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach


Joined: 11 Sep 2010
Last Visit: 28 Jul 2017
Posts: 1734
Topics: 62

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I like Torres and appreciate everything he has done and does do for the club. I even bought and read his book.

But he isn't of sufficient quality for league 1 ...people may struggle to accept that but he isn't strong enough on the ball or does he have the skill at this level. His energy and effort are fantastic but it only takes you so far.


Just your opinion of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trev
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jul 2017
Posts: 933
Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I like Torres and appreciate everything he has done and does do for the club. I even bought and read his book.

But he isn't of sufficient quality for league 1 ...people may struggle to accept that but he isn't strong enough on the ball or does he have the skill at this level. His energy and effort are fantastic but it only takes you so far.


Ever since RB has been at Crawley he has not given Sergio a fair go he has played him a few minutes here and there and when he does give him his first start of the season three months in he slags him off for not been sharp and up to speed. If you are one of his favourites then you get all the game time you need to get up to speed. Many spectators openly say they think RB has a problem with Sergio in that he is more popular than he is and his ego will not stand for that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Last Visit: 28 Jul 2015
Posts: 158
Topics: 1
Location: Pound Hill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not happy how we are playing but will continue to support the team 100% and will keep going to the games whatever the result or the performance. I know a lot of people will decide not to go and that is understandable but I won't be one of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit