CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Stevenage matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacko spinking wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
McFadzean, what are you doing you useless ****` and generally being very negative very loudly in a routinely offensive way.

so what do you expect??? he was shocking all day and if people pay there hard earned £22 quid to watch then they are more than entitled to have their say, do you not agree then???

Admin edit: Quote now quoted

I agree people are entitled to their say.

I don't agree he was shocking all day.

I just happen to think that it's more productive to loudly support the team and as I said in the part of the sentence you didn't quote, I personally don't see the point in this sort of crass abuse of our own players/team/manager.
paul jb
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget the abuse of our own the fans that left early which for whatever reason was there prerogative and to be calling them lightweights etc especially when one of those is our forum moderator was a joke!.
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
jacko spinking wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
McFadzean, what are you doing you useless ****` and generally being very negative very loudly in a routinely offensive way.

so what do you expect??? he was shocking all day and if people pay there hard earned £22 quid to watch then they are more than entitled to have their say, do you not agree then???

Admin edit: Quote now quoted

I agree people are entitled to their say.

I don't agree he was shocking all day.

Quite agree - I thought he and Walsh coped well with their defensive duties against a very physical side (surprise surprise for a Westley team). It was the distribution that was lacking.

The disappointing thing was that it took us a long time to wake up to how to play against them and not get suckered in to all the niggly stuff. When we started looking for space and moving the ball quickly we made them look the poor side that they are. Otherwise we played right into their hands.

Finally, towards the end of the game, one of our fans bellowed out something along the lines of "Shut up Westley you fat ****". I'm sorry but I really take issue with this... there is no way that Westley is fat!
jacko spinking
First Team
First Team

Topics: 73

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul jb wrote:
And don't forget the abuse of our own the fans that left early which for whatever reason was there prerogative and to be calling them lightweights etc especially when one of those is our forum moderator was a joke!.

we left just after the 2nd goal went in, to a torrent of abuse from 2 women!! we left to get in our taxi back to the station to get the train, where i had a long chat to Dave Pottinger, i hope he didnt get the same amount of stick for leaving in the 90th minute!!

Dave was as ever happy to chat and he was on his way to represent us at the 150 year FA celebrations in London.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul jb wrote:

Who was that then? I don't think any of us were at the game yesterday.
paul jb
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
paul jb wrote:

Who was that then? I don't think any of us were at the game yesterday.

Oh yes sorry obviously the ones with red tinted spectacles could have possibly been there Wink
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised to see that Fadz started - given that he came off at half time on Tuesday as he felt unwell .... ?
paul jb
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
I was surprised to see that Fadz started - given that he came off at half time on Tuesday as he felt unwell .... ?

He was always looking for the killer ball instead of keeping it simple

As a team we played right into their hands and when we did play the good short stuff there was nobody on the end of it,or in Bulmans case the wrong person.
As has been said Billy Clarke is much missed

And yes Westley is quite a piece of work ..Makes our old mate Steve look rather angelic.He will continue to be that way though if the officials are always as weak as yesterday
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The abuse aimed towards people leaving early was disgusting! 'Fairweather fans' '*beep*' ect ect. The abuse carried on outside while those who left early were waiting for a cab. I believe the police heard it all too.
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by nemo on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Louie E
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the game on Twitter and it seemed that in the second half we were much the better team and were unlucky not to get something. These things happen, and by no means are we in a crisis either...
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian the wateratt wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
The slide down the table has begun we simply dont have the quality we once had nor management in place to plan reacr and counter. RB is unable to take this club forward

No, the fans are unable to take the club forward - how many turned up against Port Vale again? If you want CTFC to compete consistently then the fan base has to grow and that will improve the finances and the ability to strengthen the squad. You can't do it all on sponsorship

That really is the reality of it.
trev
First Team
First Team

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Tuesday night the way Port Vale played seemed to take us by surprise and now people who went to Stevenage are saying it took us 20 mins to come to terms with how they were playing. Doesn’t RB either go and watch our opposition or get someone to do it for him so he can tell the team what to expect and also come up with a plan in training to combat their tactics.
stuart12345
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that's stupid, opposition don't always set up exactly the same every game do they? Maybe they played differently against us to how RB saw them play
jacko spinking
First Team
First Team

Topics: 73

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuart12345 wrote:
Sorry that's stupid, opposition don't always set up exactly the same every game do they? Maybe they played differently against us to how RB saw them play

What both teams played that differently? come off it, i like Barker but we were under prepared for both games last week, we were clueless at how to deal wit the physical side of Stevenage, who were not a very good side!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: