CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bradford City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
There is a gentlemen who sits on the north side (away dugout end) of the West Stand who repeatedly berates Barker every home game. It got to a stage on Saturday when close to half time Barker turned to a steward near the tunnel area and asked them to sort him out.

He was spoken to at half-time.

http://ctfc.net/forum/viewtopi.....941#256941
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
I cant belive im saying this but i hope Gary A replaces Sinclair versus Pork Vale as I was far from impressed with sinclair,

I can't believe it either after the stick you gave Gary A. for not scoring.. you now want to drop the goalscorer for him... who'd be a football manager..! Rolling Eyes

I think RB can feel pretty satisfied with his decisions so far... the likes of Sinclair & Proctor can only improve over the season.
popnfresh
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win - Bradford were a decent well organised side and we could well have been 1-0 down at half time. Brilliant second half display, we really had the measure of them by then: passed and kept hold of the ball well we should probably have scored at least a second with all the possession and chances we had

It's nice to have a positive selection headache for a change. If Clarke is fit for Tuesday I would go for Proctor over Sinclair. Just think Jamie gives the team a little bit more. He's better at winning and holding up the ball and linking play. It was a nice finish but would expect a 100k striker to put that kind of chance away

Be happy to see either player upfront at the moment! Pleased to hear the fans are telling the RB moaners to put a sock in it
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popnfresh wrote:
It was a nice finish but would expect a 100k striker to put that kind of chance away

As that football sage Jessie J once sang "It's not about the price tag"...

...I've seen a fifty million pound striker miss far clearer chances than that one. Surprised

I agree though that we are in a very healthy situation up front given that we started the season wondering where the goals were going to come from..!
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Match video (Sky)

http://www1.skysports.com/watc.....0-bradford

Extended highlights on Reds Player (4m 25s)

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....dford-City
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Phil B wrote:
Match video (Sky)

http://www1.skysports.com/watc.....0-bradford

What's the quality like these days Peter? I stopped subscribing because the video quality was so poor.
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
I cant belive im saying this but i hope Gary A replaces Sinclair versus Pork Vale as I was far from impressed with sinclair,

I can't believe it either after the stick you gave Gary A. for not scoring.. you now want to drop the goalscorer for him... who'd be a football manager..! Rolling Eyes

I think RB can feel pretty satisfied with his decisions so far... the likes of Sinclair & Proctor can only improve over the season.

I heard RB on the radio after the game saying that Sinclair still isn't 100% fit and that he'd asked to play the 'reserve' game on Tuesday to help with this. RB then said he was surprised he lasted as long as he did on Saturday. He will only get better with time. He has pace which will scare any defender at this level and 3 goals in 4 games - yet he is still labelled as useless by some. Rolling Eyes

Then again there are still those who get at Mike Jones after a string of very good performances and Proctor still copped some stick off people near me on Saturday despite playing outstandingly well. One guy muttered 'good' when he was subbed and pointedly refused to applaud. I do wonder sometimes if I watch the same game as other people.
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a game of opinions. I think GA is hopeless. Others think he is great. RRR still thinks Brodie could do a job.

What a boring forum it would be if everyone said and thought the same thing.
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
It's a game of opinions. I think GA is hopeless. Others think he is great. RRR still thinks Brodie could do a job.

I quite agree - and everyone is entitled to an opinion but the sad thing is that some people seem to go along to games purely for the purpose of moaning and finding something negative to say about players - and certain players in particular. I'm not saying that we should all do the opposite and that nobody can do anything wrong but it would be nice to hear people give credit where it is due occasionally.
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Peter wrote:

What's the quality like these days Peter? I stopped subscribing because the video quality was so poor.

If you play the highlights at normal size in Reds Player it's viewable. It's still a bit pixelated if you want to watch full screen. It's a shame as it's recorded at HD quality which is then lost in the compression before it's uploaded.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Peter wrote:

If you play the highlights at normal size in Reds Player it's viewable. It's still a bit pixelated if you want to watch full screen. It's a shame as it's recorded at HD quality which is then lost in the compression before it's uploaded.

Thanks Peter. Think I'll keep away froim it then. I prefer to have a reasonable picture on full screen.
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan (Cheltenham Branch) wrote:
rubyred wrote:

I quite agree - and everyone is entitled to an opinion but the sad thing is that some people seem to go along to games purely for the purpose of moaning and finding something negative to say about players - and certain players in particular. I'm not saying that we should all do the opposite and that nobody can do anything wrong but it would be nice to hear people give credit where it is due occasionally.

I agree. The constant moaning by some does tend to produce a negative atmosphere in the crowd which can't be encouraging to newbie supporters.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan (Cheltenham Branch) wrote:
rubyred wrote:

Sometimes a bit of name calling helps. I remember dissing Emile Heskey when he was playing for England against Germany and in the next 30 seconds later he scored.

I kept calling Emile Sinclair 'Heskey', and he then went on and scored.

So, a little bit of friendly abuse helps to point them in the right direction Wink
popnfresh
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sometimes a bit of name calling helps. I remember dissing Emile Heskey when he was playing for England against Germany and in the next 30 seconds later he scored.

So, a little bit of friendly abuse helps to point them in the right direction Wink

So with Heskey scoring in 2001 and Sinclair scoring yesterday your motivational technique has yielded 2 goals in 12 years - not a very good return!
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popnfresh wrote:
notso wrote:

So with Heskey scoring in 2001 and Sinclair scoring yesterday your motivational technique has yielded 2 goals in 12 years - not a very good return!

I didn't say it was foolproof Laughing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: