CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bradford City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game very open surprised there was only one goal. That was mainly down to poor finishing on both sides. JP was great today but he really needs to learn to shoot. There is nothing wrong with Sinclair being less of a work horse if he keeps scoring. Unbeaten in 7!
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
I am really pleased most other fans enjoyed the match as well, today's match is exactly what we all look forward to very weekend.

Just one moan, wasn't it annoying that the second half was spoilt by repeated requests to move several cars and vans !!!!!!

Perhaps if the stewards had done their jobs properly the vehicles would not have parked there !!

Simples !

The cars concerned were at William reed, hardly our stewards fault
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
We had a bit of a laugh in the terraces (when we were winning). As the car moving announcements came thick abnd fast, the cry of "sort it out Barker" went up - to sort out the parking problems.

Thanks lee66, made my already pleasing day even better Wink
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I think Bradford will be a top 6 team. They passed it well for long periods and only resorted to the hoof in the last half hour.

I can only assume you missed the first hour as they went long for whole game.
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good solid performance all round. It's true Josh isn't a proper right back but he certainly brings passion and commitment every time to the pitch so that will get him by there until things can be shored up, I reckon it's been noted by the management.

Sinclair done what a striker needed to have done by putting away the chance, that was the difference between us, they booted their chance over. His lack of ability in moving onside is annoying and again his stroll broke down a couple of promising attacks. However, as crazy at it is, I'd play a striker who converts over a busy striker who may not. Workrate, possession don't count if you score one less than your opponents.

Bulman was my mom, followed by Kyle but fair play to Connolly who put his head in the way shortly after coming on which may have made it a draw. Is it worth trying him again at right back, wouldn't be a wing back but may be a solid position there, played there for Ireland but think we went wrong by trying to play him there in something other than a pure defensive role.

Well played to RB as well, got the tactics pretty much spot on. Let's hope those wanting a change don't get their wishes as I can't see an improvement on what we've achieved done by anyone else.
Louie E
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Proctor was outstanding- worked his socks off, held the ball up well, linked up with the midfield, always looked lively and his decision making on the ball was a lot better than it has been in the past. Stand out player from a very good team performance imo
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the second best thing about yesterday (the first - we won) was how every player played above average. Normally yet get at least one or two below par. Besides the impressive Proctor, the most encouraging performance was by Drury. In his first spell he took a while to settle in but once he had turned the corner he was very impressive. Yesterday was like THAT Drury. Being ultra critical I thought Josh struggled in the first half (surprisingly, when he was more advanced than defensively) and Nicky had tendency to overplay. Thats how close it was to a 10/10 performance. That was a performance that deserves further advances in home fans attendance to keep the upward trend going. Great stuff.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Agree was a great result and good performance against a difficult Bradford team. Thought we would struggle against their long balls up to Hanson but the back 4 were superb.
Everyone played well and didn't give Bradford time on the ball and kept possession well when we had it.
I do get frustrated when some people still moan all the time though. One guy started moaning from the first minute and kept it up all half. I'm sure he would have moaned 2nd half too but I had moved so I couldn't hear him.
I know we don't always play brilliant football but we are doing really well as we did last season. And we don't have the budget of other clubs, most of whom we are beating so please give it a rest and get behind the team. Anyone would think we are in the relegation zone !
Rant over and 3 more points on Tues.

salut
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh is performing well there and to be fair when we get the bal further up on the right he uses it well.

That said A Dumbya like right back is out our league. Hurst is struggling defensively at this level despite his athletic qualities. Not sure we have a lot of options . If it's a defender we want then maybe Conolly is the answe
R but we lose going forward.

Last edited by Crawley69 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eggnog
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same result as against Oldham but the performance was totally different. I agree that all the players were well above average and a few (Proctor, Fadz and Drury) were outstanding.
Also Bully, Sadler and Jones almost go unnoticed but are so consistent.

Looking forward to Tuesday, just hope we can get somewhere near the level we did on Saturday and hopefully win by more than one goal.

COYR!!
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Match video (Sky)

http://www1.skysports.com/watc.....0-bradford
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Match video (Sky)

Nice to see the pictures,but terrible commentary.
Adam Drury....Andy Drury.
Josh Simpson ballooning one over (for Bradford)
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
That said A Dumbya like right back is out our league.

Really? Defensively he wasn't any better than Hurst. Plus with Notts County's defensive record this season (second bottom aren't they) why would we want him back?
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Phil B wrote:
Match video (Sky)

Nice to see the pictures,but terrible commentary.
Adam Drury....Andy Drury.
Josh Simpson ballooning one over (for Bradford)

The Josh Simpson gaffe was a classic but he definitely said "Andrew Drury" - which is technically correct.

EDIT: You're right. Drury got two mentions - one as Adam and another as Andrew.
Sam
Coach
Coach

Topics: 191

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wodin wrote:
I know RB by the loud 'shake it up Barker' at 27 odd minutes...some people eh!

There is a gentlemen who sits on the north side (away dugout end) of the West Stand who repeatedly berates Barker every home game. It got to a stage on Saturday when close to half time Barker turned to a steward near the tunnel area and asked them to sort him out.

Fair play to Barker as we don't need 'supporters' like that. It baffles me how some 'people' can abuse Barker when we are playing the football we are playing and beating teams with the likes of Alan Connell and Caleb Folan on the bench.

Wake up and realise how well we are doing! Support the team!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: