CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Oldham Athletic matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukredz wrote:
What were the rumours about Brendon Rodgers about?


His son playing for Oldham? Taken off at h-t.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
sleepy2 sleepy2 sleepy2 sleepy2

The match wasn't boring at all. Not great football at times but was entertaining. How the score was only 1-0 I'll never know. Hope Rooney gets fully fit soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Earl60
Youth team
Youth team


Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Last Visit: 23 Jun 2016
Posts: 28
Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Fadz done ok today made a few silly errors but overall he helped us keep a clean sheet

i thought Drury was by far the worst player today never got in the game and his passing at times was poor, but the lad kept going so credit to him for that

1-0 should have been 3-1 to us imho but a win is a win and as someone else alluded to we have a very easy game at Sheff Utd on Friday Laughing

in all seriousness this was a good result and i think that's 5 games unbeaten now just the ticket to take to one of the toughest games of the season


Fadz has been a rock in the last two games, hate to think where we'd be without him at the heart of the defence. I really don't think some of us realise what we have here. Can't agree with your Drury assessment, can hardly remember him giving the ball away, there were far worse culprits out there today. If we want to see Drury in the game more, than we must not leave him stranded out wide, after all he's been a Championship Centre Mid for the past three years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree regarding Drury he looks the most accomplished player on the ball so a more central role would be better. He is never going to go round anyone out wide.

The whole midfield was off today ...I haven't quite worked out why..but Oldham were very strong and closed down in the middle. Sinclair was no help up top in securing or holding the ball.

In the end we have taken 11/ 15 points in five games apart from the top two we are the form team on fire.

Next two games will be interesting two big teams away 2 or 3 points would be a return I would take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 4033
Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played very well , it is a shame the crowd was small and the atmosphere very quiet.

I think we should have thrashed them, great work through the team, BUT , we always took too many touches in front of goal.

I am very impressed with our form and for a small club we are punching way above our weight.

Keep it up Reds, very proud of you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
josefk
First Team
First Team


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 09 Sep 2017
Posts: 1090
Topics: 15
Location: West Stand A90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly was jogged awake by my eldest lad about 3-4 Times as the excitement got to me and I started to doze off on a warm afternoon with nothing to stimulate me.

Got three points so fair enough and respect to Fadz who didn't leave any part of the car park without a ball.

Think we were lucky a few times, that's football, take the good breaks.

Little bit nearer safety, that's the main take for me today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety ...we are a play off team no doubt.

Who else will go to Peterbourgh and win 2 -0. We should have beaten Wolves...this team is good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldham will be wondering how they left empty handed from that. MacDonald missed three glaring chances and an amazing save from Paul Jones at the death. That's three times I have seen MacDonald play against Crawley in the last two seasons (MK, Orient and Oldham) and he has been hopeless every time. Thanks, Charlie.

Second half all the bad habits crept back in. Doing our best to give away a soft goal after h-t. Kicking the ball straight out (Jones), long aimless balls from the back (Fadz), County league finishing (Sinclair), trying to beat too many players (Adams), faffing around trying to get it on the left foot (Clarke), shots over the stand (Drury/Adams) etc etc etc.

All summed up near the end, Hurst with a good attacking run forward, cut inside and a hopeless cross which went straight out somewhere near the corner flag for a gk.

Whoever sponsored the MoM must have spent most of the game in the hospitality suite. Nicky Adams - never in a million years.

Positives today - Bulman was fantastic, tackling, covering at the back, at one stage the furthest player forward (what a shame he isn't 5 years younger). Fadz as well, crucial tackle after the header hit the bar. Mat Sadler is really underrated, steady at the back and confident going forward. Mike Jones, gets better every time I see him, does the simple things really well.

I am a big fan of Andy Drury, in the summer I thought he would be one of the best signings in L1. But he needs to start delivering something as Torres must be knocking on the door.

Final thing, I wonder if Simpson is the best man we have to captain the team. At the start of the second half we needed a leader on the field, and he was totally silent.

Still however you win you get the same points, this could have been a draw or sloppy defeat but we held on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Last Visit: 04 Jun 2017
Posts: 2123
Topics: 176
Location: Broadfield

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Oldham will be wondering how they left empty handed from that. MacDonald missed three glaring chances and an amazing save from Paul Jones at the death. That's three times I have seen MacDonald play against Crawley in the last two seasons (MK, Orient and Oldham) and he has been hopeless every time. Thanks, Charlie.

Second half all the bad habits crept back in. Doing our best to give away a soft goal after h-t. Kicking the ball straight out (Jones), long aimless balls from the back (Fadz), County league finishing (Sinclair), trying to beat too many players (Adams), faffing around trying to get it on the left foot (Clarke), shots over the stand (Drury/Adams) etc etc etc.

All summed up near the end, Hurst with a good attacking run forward, cut inside and a hopeless cross which went straight out somewhere near the corner flag for a gk.

Whoever sponsored the MoM must have spent most of the game in the hospitality suite. Nicky Adams - never in a million years.

Positives today - Bulman was fantastic, tackling, covering at the back, at one stage the furthest player forward (what a shame he isn't 5 years younger). Fadz as well, crucial tackle after the header hit the bar. Mat Sadler is really underrated, steady at the back and confident going forward. Mike Jones, gets better every time I see him, does the simple things really well.

I am a big fan of Andy Drury, in the summer I thought he would be one of the best signings in L1. But he needs to start delivering something as Torres must be knocking on the door.

Final thing, I wonder if Simpson is the best man we have to captain the team. At the start of the second half we needed a leader on the field, and he was totally silent.

Still however you win you get the same points, this could have been a draw or sloppy defeat but we held on.


Simon, RE: Simpson, I couldn't agree more. The best person I've seen as captain is Dannie Bulman by a country mile. Simpson for me is too quiet, and doesn't strike me as a leader on the pitch. Bulman does, and his performances pretty much show that each time.

Today, Adams & Drury were poor IMO & I find myself wondering why RB didn't replace them sooner. Would it have been that much of a gamble bringing on Rooney & Torres? I thought Torres looked bright & came close to setting up Adams whose shot was saved. I would be tempted to play Torres at least in our next league match. However I suspect it's more likely he & some of the 'fringe' players will be used in the JPT match v Newport.

Not sure how Adams got MOM today, guess the sponsors must have viewed a different match to the one I watched.

Ben
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 17 Feb 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barker stop playing drury in middle he muzt play wide. Bullman gets better and better. gk Jones saved us in game too many misses. dull match if thats style barker harps on about ballet be more exciting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First up I think Josh deserves a bit if respect ...he captained us I the second half of last year to a great season. This year we are in 8th place and undefeated in five.

As a captain he is covering right back when asked with some distinction and midfield. There is no basis to question his ability to captain the team.


RRR......get over yourself we a re a bloody good team..raining on your parade you miserable old sock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Dec 2017
Posts: 4141
Topics: 51
Location: Ifield, Crawley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Barker stop playing drury in middle he muzt play wide. Bullman gets better and better. gk Jones saved us in game too many misses. dull match if thats style barker harps on about ballet be more exciting


Crawley69 XXXXXXX (As Hal - This can only be attributed to Human error, Dave)
Quote:
If we want to see Drury in the game more, than we must not leave him stranded out wide, after all he's been a Championship Centre Mid for the past three years.


Well one of you has to be wrong ..... Laughing


Last edited by Phil B on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Last Visit: 04 Jun 2017
Posts: 2123
Topics: 176
Location: Broadfield

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
First up I think Josh deserves a bit if respect ...he captained us I the second half of last year to a great season. This year we are in 8th place and undefeated in five.

As a captain he is covering right back when asked with some distinction and midfield. There is no basis to question his ability to captain the team.


RRR......get over yourself we a re a bloody good team..raining on your parade you miserable old sock.


Crawley69 - It's not about respect or lack of my friend, it's simply a matter of personal opinion. Josh is a terrific player, and I wouldn't want to see him leave the club. Your quite right about him covering RB & doing it well (much better than Hurst) even though midfield is his natural position.
However I still think as captain of the team you need to be vocal & really drive your team on. That's not something I personally feel he does.

Ben


Last edited by Crawley Ben on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Barker stop playing drury in middle he muzt play wide. Bullman gets better and better. gk Jones saved us in game too many misses. dull match if thats style barker harps on about ballet be more exciting

Crawley69
Quote:
If we want to see Drury in the game more, than we must not leave him stranded out wide, after all he's been a Championship Centre Mid for the past three years.

Well one of you has to be wrong ..... Laughing

It won't be Crawley69 as they didn't post the quote you've given them. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

Joe Walsh on Audioboo - http://audioboo.fm/boos/1627651
Anthony Williams on Audioboo - http://audioboo.fm/boos/1627660
Kyle McFadzean on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTcQ87LSU3Q
RB on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Oldham-win
Nicky Adams on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....ost-Oldham
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit