CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Colchester United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bristol City lost again. They are at our place last game of the season. A long way to go but I would love it if we stuffed O'Driscoll into relegation.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Bristol City lost again. They are at our place last game of the season. A long way to go but I would love it if we stuffed O'Driscoll into relegation.
the way they're going at the moment they could be relegated by then Laughing
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:

I would also love to see Savage's bottom lip stick out like a sulky child - just like last time we beat them
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A point away is always welcome and the new striker got a goal.

Can't knock the result. Good effort from the boys.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

RB on BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1613941
Emile Sinclair on BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1614004
Emile Sinclair on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnXLi_cPP4Y
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
A point away is always welcome and the new striker got a goal.

Can't knock the result. Good effort from the boys.

Agreed mate

A point away is a point gained

Well done Crawley, so far so good.

If we finish top half of league it will be fantastic. Just look at the massive clubs below us ( notts county, sheffield Utd, Portsmouth )

Dick Barker is doing a great job.

Keep it up Dick !!!
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always good to get a point away from home but it was a dull affair. One booking for a foul shows how tame it was. Both sides could have done with a rocket up the jacksey.

I think we just shaded it but if we played with a little more urgency we could have won. Also, our better players were a bit off. Fadz had trouble with Ibhere (or whatever his name is). Drury never seemed to get going. Clarke was turning into trouble and Adams had the crossing prowess of a four year old. Not as bad as I painting but we were never quite with it.

Proctor got lots of grief from the other players when he made a mistake. If I were the boss I'd jump on this as it was bordering on bullying and it will affect his confidence if it's allowed to continue ... If it hasn't already.

Jim Baker
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny game. total lack of intensity and rather drifted along. Matched by the atmosphere in the ground. Its a smashing stadium but looked empty.
Still any point away from home is always good. But I though a draw was fair.
I thought Simpson did great at right back again. He doesnt look to be a great tackler but his positioning is good and he does enough to stop players getting down the line. Also as you would expect he impresses when we are going forward.
I also thought Sinclair looked promising reminds me of Barnett but not quite as strong.
Adams was poor, his final ball was to often terrible. Whats more we missed him, he gives us something special when he is playing well. It might be time to give him a rest and give Rooney a chance.
I will be interested to see how far Clarke was offside (I suspect it was very close just by the way the ball was crossed.)
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't get on Proctor' s back, he was by far Colchesters best defender breaking up many crawley attacks, credit where it's due.

Thought we were lucky to get a draw, shooting when a pass was best and vice versa. That's life.

Very soft goal to go behind to and shame not a bit more aware of the offside positioning.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty much in line for the Clarke offside and it looked a fair call.

I was not in quite such a good position when they hit the bar but I thought that was offside too.

Jim Baker
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the most exciting game of the season but a valuable away point and a solid performance.

Thought both full backs were outstanding but kyle and joe looked a bit confused at times...We need to settle on our centre half combination and let them allow them time to blend.

Worst game I have ever seen Drury play and amazed he came back after half time...not sure all is well with him at the moment.

Sinclair did well considering he is way short of match fitness...can the club not get him some reserve games to help with this? Proctor and Sinclair though have made me realise what a solid player Alexander is...He causes defenders far more headaches and gets more free kicks around the box..

Anyway still on target for a top ten finish so couldn't be happier with start to season......
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A decent away point if the game and atmosphere was drab.

Simpson was man of the match, absolutely faultless at right back. It's probably not his favoured position but the strength we have in midfield it may mean that'll be his settled role.

Proctor was dreadful when he came on. He might have got some stick from other players and the supporters but rightly so - his failure to pass to Clarke when he was wide open but choosing an offside Torres was ridiculous.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the atmosphere, I would rather have a ground like ours 4/5ths full than a stadium like that, half full. I think that we should have been in that empty stand behind the goal, that would have focused our noise, as it was, the two lots of singing drifted in to each other and drifted away.
ctfc1969
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:

More to the point - we play them in 3 weeks time, i hope they're still losing by then... And haven't sacked O'Driscoll yet, as is looking fairly inevitable. Remember Bournemouth last season - good to play these 'big' teams when they're struggling. Same goes for Sheffield United. Be nice to show him what he could have had too...
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davie R wrote:
Regarding the atmosphere, I would rather have a ground like ours 4/5ths full than a stadium like that, half full. I think that we should have been in that empty stand behind the goal, that would have focused our noise, as it was, the two lots of singing drifted in to each other and drifted away.

Ruined football these new stadia.
Colchester old ground was proper little ground with a good atmos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: