CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Gillingham matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allo allo
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Well Fadz seems to agree it was a penalty so I suppose he should know.
I just watched it again and I still cant see it, the contact must have been very slight.
From RB's interview I reckon Gary probably has the basis for an appeal. If so just as well it was a straight red.

Watching from the away end of the west stand , both me and the guy next to me thought it was a penalty. Very slight contact , but with speed , enough to bring him down.
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
I was surprised the 1st foul on Adams didn't bring a caution.

Agree with that - I thought it was the worst foul of the afternoon to be honest, although the game wasn't as dirty as the card count would have you believe. But it was a deliberate attempt to rough up a player the opposition knew to be a threat to them.

Also agree that Alexander has no defence against the red card. It wasn't a full-blooded stamp but it certainly looked deliberate to me and it was a silly thing to do when he was already on a yellow card anyway and with a poor, card-happy ref.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of minutes of highlights are now on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qezB08558i0
Daryl
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great game, great atmosphere and went home with a smile on my face, definitely worth the entrance fee.

I had a clear view of the GA incident and he made a stupid decision and deserved the red card, on a positive note he looked very sharp and dangerous up to the point of his sending off.

Bulman played as if he was 10 years younger than he is, didn't stop running, but it was a great performance from all of the lads, although at times the defence looked a little dodgy.

Those scrappy games at home are the kind of games that we normally come away losers at the end of the game, so it's nice to have one go our way for once.

Bring on the next game. COYRs!!
Rossi
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game, had everything, but please can we ditch the checkatrade.com after we score its embarrassing.
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossi wrote:
Great game, had everything, but please can we ditch the checkatrade.com after we score its embarrassing.

If they are paying us as much as what's been rumoured then they can play their jingle after a goal no problem!
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossi wrote:

Is this an original concept.I don't think I've ever heard anything similar at a football stadium before.
Its was quite amusing to hear it after we scored simply because no one expected it.I think the novelty factor will wear a bit thin after a while though.
They would be better off playing the jingle after the teams are announced prior to kick off,then again at half time ,and finally after the match when the fans are making their way out of the stadium.
What's that old saying ....Less is more.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
Rossi wrote:

If they are paying us as much as what's been rumoured then they can play their jingle after a goal no problem!

The rumour was its a 5 year deal worth over 800,000 a season.In other words 5,000,000.
Would be very nice if true,eh.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it's the least we can do.....we must give value for money and its a lot of money but not 4million. Nearer half that..but still a shed load.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it gets played every time CTFC score, then let's hope we hear it a lot.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not get to the match, but I am so pleased with the result

To be 6th in League 1 as such a small club, as we are I think is fantastic.

I remember going Gillingham away last season and thinking they were a bigger team than us, I don't think that now Smile
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky highlights as promised .....

http://www1.skysports.com/watc.....gillingham
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary A should be repremanded by the manager if he does a proper job in my opinion he could easily have cost us the game and his team mates got the hero turned villan outta jail! Silly stupid and idiotic especially when on a yellow card.

The entertainment was exceptional and any neutral might well have been asking where's the tickt office afte rthis to enquire about a season ticket the entertainment value realy was outstanding. I go further and say no words can describe it this game had everythin (well virtually). Some of cours eby mistakes and errors and the like but nonetheless if you werent entertained by that you best check you still have a pulse!

Clarke and Adams ran their socks off and lets hope no scouts saw this performance or we may find bids coming in.

Josh was a bit lost at times and I thought Barker wouldve done better without brining Jamie on he looked half asleep and took far too long to get in the game.

The negatives were by far much smaller than the enormous efforts and positive from this game. We hammered them in the opneing half but failed to score. Bit unlucky bit sharpness missing. Second half extremely unfortunatso early and it lifted them with large away support helping them.

I hate to admit it but Fadz is looking for like a million pound player than 3 million something is missing not sure what. His distribution is shocking poor at this level and he MUST NOT take any more freekicks surely someone else at the back can do a better job. I ask again what the **** does Barker have them practicing in training as this is just one example of many where ive not seen an improvement and should have by now.

The players fully deserved the applause at the end. I didnt see GAry A and hope that he didnt take any of the applause as his foolish mannerism in front of the ref visrtaully as well so easily couldve cost us.

Barker neds to get a grip on discipline and fast.

Many many many encouraging signs though and hope for survival this season if we can keep these types of performances going or at least produce them more than half the time this season.

I felt I had real value for maoney with the entertianment and effort and for that I was happy to applaude every single alst player off the pitch.
Louie E
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking game, both red cards were I think correct decisions, though the ref didn't do much else right all afternoon. On the highlights Gary's looked like his foot had been caught by Legge and he kicked out at him in frustration, and their red was a second yellow judging by the highlights.

For their penalty my first instinct was that Kedwell dived, and seeing it again nothing's changed my mind. Good finish from Fadz for the equaliser, and two well taken (the second spectacularly so) goals from Clarke. Could have been more if not for their keeper, who despite his play acting and moaning had a good game.

Didn't hear the checkatrade jingle when we scored, was half listening out for it. If Ewan is listening to feedback then I don't think it will be played much more...
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
Rossi wrote:

The rumour was its a 5 year deal worth over 800,000 a season.In other words 5,000,000.
Would be very nice if true,eh.

If you ever turn up to do my windows lee, I shall be checking your bill carefully Wink

Is it not 100k over 5 seasons? Confused
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: