CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Can we do an Everton.?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Can we do an Everton.? Reply with quote

I see that Everton have gone back to their original badge after the new badge they had designed was totally rejected by the supporters.
Everton just went ahead and changed the badge without consulting any of the fan base, leaving 30,0000 Everton supporters in uproar.

Could we get rid of our badge and go back to the original ,or maybe have a fans completion to design a completely new one that we would all vote on.
The badge we have now just hasn't grown on me and I don't reckon it ever will.
This season we are getting a new shirt,new sponsor, so how about a new badge for the hatrick.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we do an Everton.? Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Could we get rid of our badge and go back to the original

Which badge do you class as the "original"?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we do an Everton.? Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
I see that Everton have gone back to their original badge after the new badge they had designed was totally rejected by the supporters.
Everton just went ahead and changed the badge without consulting any of the fan base, leaving 30,0000 Everton supporters in uproar.

Could we get rid of our badge and go back to the original ,or maybe have a fans completion to design a completely new one that we would all vote on.
The badge we have now just hasn't grown on me and I don't reckon it ever will.
This season we are getting a new shirt,new sponsor, so how about a new badge for the hatrick.

They haven't gone back to the original badge. The new one will be used next season and then a redesign done for the following year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/spo.....eason.html
rednose
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't aware that they had gone back to their old one?
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Risking a tyrade of abuse, I like the new badge and hope we dont go back to the old one.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davie R wrote:
Risking a tyrade of abuse, I like the new badge and hope we dont go back to the old one.

A difficult one. I do 'quite' like the new badge and wouldn't necessary go back to the last one (it was too Man. U). The badge before though is a different matter, I'll have that one back any day.
synavm
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the current one is horrible. As a Graphic Designer I'd quite happily do a range of difference designs for them for free. Trouble is, I think they're pretty set on that design which is a shame.
seano
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synavm wrote:
I think the current one is horrible. As a Graphic Designer I'd quite happily do a range of difference designs for them for free. Trouble is, I think they're pretty set on that design which is a shame.

Words are wind, just do it! If you've got such great ideas then come up with three and make a poll on here. If they're any good some noise can be made and you might just find that with the club desperate to raise attendances they might quite like an opportunity to show how much they care about the fans opinions.... Or you could not bother, it's no real skin off my nose, I don't really mind the current one.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a general point.. IMHO the club should consult their customers when they change their kit or badge... or even things like catering.... because it is a good way of managing customer expectation... and that converts into loyalty & revenue.

My opinion of the club crest - I stated this at the time - is that it works well as a an old fashioned brass-buttoned blazer badge.... it just doesn't work well as a brand logo.

I quite like the "football on the roundabout" CTSA logo though Wink
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:

I quite like the "football on the roundabout" CTSA logo though Wink

Funny that - I prefer the old Trust logo Wink . But then I hate the word alliance as see it as a completely shambolic name and a decision by committee
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Funny that - I prefer the old Trust logo Wink . But then I hate the word alliance as see it as a completely shambolic name and a decision by committee

thumbleft
Rolo
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The club should ditch that Nolly cider mumbo jumbo from the badge and replace it with #WeDon'tSteamTheRightSide i'd vote for that Rolling Eyes
lee 66
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synavm wrote:

Go on give it a go and stick a few ideas on here for us to look at.
You might just Come up with something that grabs attention.
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolo wrote:
The club should ditch that Nolly cider mumbo jumbo from the badge and replace it with #WeDon'tSteamTheRightSide i'd vote for that Rolling Eyes

It needs a snappy Latin motto though - something like

Latus Dextrum Non Vaporamus.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new badge was was adopted in the hope of expanding the fan base into the rest of West Sussx and attract business investment from the so called Gatwick diamond.We do still have a red devil,which by the way looks very camp and of course some Latin Steve Evans chose.
All in all it has deserted its football roots and just hasn't delivered what it was supposed to on those fronts.
Of course,if the rest of West Sussex suddenly start turning up at the Broadfield stadium in their thousands and the so called Gatwick triangle throw their weight behind the club in sponsorship and the like then great,Unfortunatly this hasn't happened.
For a start can we have the Crawley motto "I grow and I rejoice"at least this actually relates to the town and the football club and has history behind it.Lets also have a decent looking red devil,not one that looks like its off to gay pride in Brighton for the day.Also,lose the planes and the West Sussex bit and have the Crawley crest instead.
The more I think about the badge the more superficial it gets.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: