CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Coventry City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great result today, the last three games (managed somehow to get to all three) have been brilliant. Looking at our games left not too long ago i would have said these three would have been the hardest to get points from, and the next three we are capable of getting max points from. So we have done very well, you cant understate the performance of the last two games, im a very proud Crawley supporter right now. Celebration time.
dunx
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit to rb, thought coventry were starting to get on top till he brought on josh,then momentum was back with us,great team performance today in terrible conditions
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were lucky not to get an abandonment; it was laughable at times with players sliding all over the place and the ball getting stuck.
Sergio thoroughly deserved MOM, right from the begining he was charging balls down and fighting back.
Must admit Hunt looks past his best, poor performance.
Essam seems to get better and more assured, I thought he was going to get kicked in the head with his low header, very brave, very John Terryesque.
The results above us went very well, more next week and then our last two home games could be massive!
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d_c_bryan wrote:
Must admit Hunt looks past his best, poor performance.

I thought he did OK, aside from the clumsy foul on the edge of the box in the first half. He was playing it into feet and picking passes with the rest of them - no aimless pings into the channels.

On the flip side, a couple of times early on Nicky Adams was looking for the overlap that Dumbya normally provides, but it wasn't there today.

Ian
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Warren wrote:
Serg played very well today. Agree that MOTM probably should have been Billy.

I thought Clarke and Segio were immense.

The conditions suited Segio down to the ground.He looked to be really enjoying himself out there and was quite literally here there and everywhere.

Indeed he was............. Even in the Ref's book Laughing

JTG
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big david Hunt fan, but he did look completely out of his depth today. But as a team, i think that one of the best games we have ever played.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were excellent today

A great day of football theatre, the rain soaked pitch in the second half added to the show

A great afternoon, luckily I was sheltered in the Bruce Winfield stand.

Great result, I have criticised Dick Barker in the past, but I must say, credit where it is due, 3 great results in a week.

Dick is doing a great job ( he has converted me )

Twisted Evil
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction:

RB on BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/132848.....r-coventry
Connor Essam on BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/132854.....r-coventry
Mat Sadler on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aisf2MFRpXw
RB on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....t-Coventry
Connor Essam on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....ventry-win
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
crawleyguy21 wrote:
special note for m.jones who maybe we have been doing a bit of a misjustice this season as he clearly is better in the midfield.

Funnily enough, I was in redz pre match boring a regular poster with my theory that Jones is an excellent player who would excel as part of a central trio Cool

Perhaps the problem is that Jones is seen by some as an RB favourite who was keeping Torres out of the team. That's obviously not the case at the moment and I think he's been a lot better than people have given him credit for. Even yesterday towards the end of the game, I heard someone urging him to "do something for once". Doesn't working hard, covering for others, making challenges, making yourself available for a pass, giving the ball to someone with the same coloured shirt on when you have got the ball count as "doing something"? Is he expected to beat 3 men and provide defence-splitting passes every time he gets the ball??

Like others, I thought that yesterday was an excellent performance in very difficult conditions and it needed us to work as a team, something we have been doing increasingly well in recent weeks in my view.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how the troll that is R,R & R is quiet after a good game Smile
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wodin wrote:
Funny how the troll that is R,R & R is quiet after a good game Smile

You are right. A joyous win, but a silent troll makes it even better! Razz
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan (Cheltenham Branch) wrote:
Doesn't working hard, covering for others, making challenges, making yourself available for a pass, giving the ball to someone with the same coloured shirt on when you have got the ball count as "doing something"?

This is what I have been banging my head against a brick wall with for most of the season. He is almost always available for an easy pass and he rarely gives it away. He doesn't do anything spectacular, granted, but he does an important job. I'd liken him to Vinny Sideways Samways in his Spurs days.

The problem is, that is not what you generally expect of someone who plays out wide - you expect a winger to get round the full back and pick a cross, which he doesn't do that often (but then, did Sergio?). It's a role that you want in the centre, but in a trio as the role is a bit of a luxury in a two.

I don't think that Mike Jones playing in the middle as part of a trio coinciding with what, for me, was the best footballing performance of the season is a coincidence.

Ian
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Doesn't working hard, covering for others, making challenges, making yourself available for a pass, giving the ball to someone with the same coloured shirt on when you have got the ball count as "doing something"?

This is what I have been banging my head against a brick wall with for most of the season. He is almost always available for an easy pass and he rarely gives it away. He doesn't do anything spectacular, granted, but he does an important job. I'd liken him to Vinny Sideways Samways in his Spurs days.

The problem is, that is not what you generally expect of someone who plays out wide - you expect a winger to get round the full back and pick a cross, which he doesn't do that often (but then, did Sergio?). It's a role that you want in the centre, but in a trio as the role is a bit of a luxury in a two.

I don't think that Mike Jones playing in the middle as part of a trio coinciding with what, for me, was the best footballing performance of the season is a coincidence.

Ian

I have always wondered why Mike Jones was slated, he seems to always go about the job simply and effectively.

Which was why I liked Sergio's display yesterday. He didn't try anything flash, he just got on and did the job. Tackle, win the ball, pass. This is what got him the man of the match.

Don't forget Simon Jones' contribution with at least three cracking saves.

Excellent team performance, despite one or two being below par (or at least the level we know they can play at) that made Coventry look very ordinary.

Conditions? Bring back the old days. The Coventry manager wanted the game called off at 55 mins - good job this wasn't the seventies pitch conditions!!!!!
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
I have always wondered why Mike Jones was slated

Because some people are never happier than when moaning Smile - and there is normally a 'hate figure' at every club. It happened to Glenn Wilson
before he turned people round with some good performances. Okay, people have paid their money so are entitled to opinions but I fail to see what good it does to slag somebody off the moment they make the slightest error or even before that. I remember some of the comments when we signed Connor Essam before anyone had seen him play. Why are we signing a player who can't get in Gillingham's first team etc etc. I think he's been outstanding in recent games.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember some of the comments when we signed Connor Essam before anyone had seen him play. Why are we signing a player who can't get in Gillingham's first team etc etc. I think he's been outstanding in recent games.

And he is keeping Connolly out......
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: