CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Shrewsbury Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

RB talking to BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/130216.....sbury-town
Mat Sadler talking to BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/130216.....ury-defeat
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Some post-match reaction.

RB talking to BBC Sussex - [url]http://audioboo.fm/boos/1302161-crawley-town-boss-richie-barker-after-defeat-to-shrewsbury-town[/url]
Mat Sadler talking to BBC Sussex - [url]http://audioboo.fm/boos/1302167-crawley-town-defender-matt-sadler-after-shrewsbury-defeat[/url]

Hey there isnt a clue in that link is there? Fans dissaproval in the background Wink
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen the goals on Sky Sports News.

An unopposed run from the half way line for the second. A wasp is starting to fly about my hat regarding this. I wasn't at the game but SORT IT OUT BARKER.

Jim Baker
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:

An unopposed run from the half way line for the second. A wasp is starting to fly about my hat regarding this. I wasn't at the game but SORT IT OUT BARKER.

Jim Baker

Not quite unopposed. DB had the opportunity to "take one for the team" but maybe he tried but wasn't good enough?

Think though he was just about the MoM for us.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Starting XI: P.Jones, Dumbuya, Sadler, Walsh, Connolly, Bulman, Sparrow, Adams, Clarke, Proctor, Hayes.

Jones - reliable as usual (I know some will disagree!)

Dumbuya - carrying an injury? Not as effective as usuaul.

Sadler - Mr Dependable?

Walsh - as per Sadler

Connolly - not bad generally in the first half.

Bulman - apart from not taking out Eaves for their 2nd, mostly v good.

Sparrow - carrying an injury? Early Sub.

Adams - variable, as many of his recent games.

Clarke - not quite so good having returned form injury - also played on the left since his return? But still cuts in from there onto his right foot!

Proctor - effort but no cigar. Would/Was a foul given after his "open-goal" miss?

Hayes - this and last game not his best.

Simpson (for Sparrow) - reasonable game, but not quite up there with his pre-injury performances

Torres (for Dumbuya) - huffed and puffed but no real grip.

O'Brien (for Proctor) - not really produced anything scintillating yet.
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Sadler had an absolute Mare. Looked awful, Couldn't tackle out of position alot and his set pieces today were painful to watch.

I've been saying for last few games as well he would be my player of the season !

First bad game all season.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

Saw the goals on BBC last night. The second goal was criminal. And Proctor's miss was shocking.

1-1 at that stage and it could all have been different.

The story of our season though.

Who is our highest scoring forward this season? Presumably GA's 4 still tops the list.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

Saw the goals on BBC last night. The second goal was criminal. And Proctor's miss was shocking.

1-1 at that stage and it could all have been different.

The story of our season though.

Who is our highest scoring forward this season? Presumably GA's 4 still tops the list.

Proctor has 5 in 13 which, although not brilliant, is still better than GA's. He is doing better with another striker alongside him but still lacks consistency. He hadn't played this season until a couple of months ago so will hopefully benefit from a good pre-season. Agree that we need Fadz but think Claude is past it now.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Matt88 wrote:
What a load of tosh!

We need a striker that can score!
\jamie is young and he can score allbeit he isnt the answer we have had far worse or haver you forgotten Gary A ? its the system emoployed by the manager thats at fault half these players would be good enough to grinf out results under a better manager take evans for example he wouldve got the best out of them. Also given gary A was givern a lifetime of chance sto impress just a thought but how long do you think jamie will get?

Evans isn't a better manager. His style of football is still ugly according to Rotherham fans. They have spent a fotune this season and still may not go up. Although he made some great signings, the money wasted on Brodie, Wright, Flood, Akinde meant that our budget has become smaller for Barker.

At least we try to play good football and have a young side that should improve next season. Evans is inexperienced at League 1 and didn't even get us up from League 2. Brewster was responsible for that at the end!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
Evans isn't a better manager. His style of football is still ugly according to Rotherham fans. They have spent a fotune this season and still may not go up. Although he made some great signings, the money wasted on Brodie, Wright, Flood, Akinde meant that our budget has become smaller for Barker.

Not sure I would agree with that. We had our share of duff signings under Evans (the above plus Gibson, Masterton etc) however I think with the money we brought in from Barnett, Tubbs, Akpan and some of the smaller signings (remember he got money for Mills and McCrae and they are now in the Rymans) Evans did pretty well.

The jury is out for RB still - some good signings but has also had his fair share of players who haven't made any impact at all.

Really the time to judge will be the start of next season, all the players will have had a full pre-season and hopefully time to gel, although with several guys with short term deals or contracts up there could still be some movement in the summer.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:

Not sure I would agree with that. We had our share of duff signings under Evans (the above plus Gibson, Masterton etc) however I think with the money we brought in from Barnett, Tubbs, Akpan and some of the smaller signings (remember he got money for Mills and McCrae and they are now in the Rymans) Evans did pretty well.

The jury is out for RB still - some good signings but has also had his fair share of players who haven't made any impact at all.

Really the time to judge will be the start of next season, all the players will have had a full pre-season and hopefully time to gel, although with several guys with short term deals or contracts up there could still be some movement in the summer.

I think that Evans did have a bigger budget, particularly in the year we won the conference, although I will admit he also made good signings in his early days. We finished 15th in the BSP in his first season. This will probably be a similar position to Barker's first season, just two leagues higher. The test will be whether the young players improve under his management. Akpan certainly did this season and Connolly, Walsh, Essam and Proctor all have potential but room for improvement.

Out of all the permanent signings, only Mike Jones has been a real disappointment. He clearly has ability but just doesn't seem to have any confidence. I reckon Dumbuya (whose contract expires) and Adams may be gone next season unfortunately. I think our young central defenders will all be there. Although they have generally played well, their lack of experience means they are prone to lapses in concentration. They are maybe not ready to move up a level yet.
Greg
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 378

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Greg wrote:
Well that's disappointing as it sounds as though we've been by far the better team. Barker said that Proctor is one of the best forwards in this division...well it sounds as though he's had a shocker today.

Same old problem, we just don't put our chances away.

Barker needs to offload some of the rubbish that he's bought in over the summer and make some quality additions. Plenty of talented players we can pick up from Championship reserve teams and L2.

I thought the summer signings came in before RB joined - or do you mean winter?

Bad sentence construction on my part, I should have said 'Over the summer Barker needs offload some of the rubbish he's bought in' Wink
Greg
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 378

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allanp wrote:
I would have taken survival in L1 at the start of the season as we struggled at the back end of last season.

I was expecting a relegation battle this season but the team has surpassed my expectations so well done to them all.

Yes agree with that, though it's tinged with disappointment at what could have been and what felt within reach, if only.... Wink
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

Depends on what constitutes a 'forward', Clarke for instance has 12. Other than that, both Alexander and Proctor have 5 a piece.

According to here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/foo.....op-scorers
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:

Out of all the permanent signings, only Mike Jones has been a real disappointment. He clearly has ability but just doesn't seem to have any confidence.

That's possibly because there are lots of people waiting to get on his back the first time he makes a mistake and may explain why he's had better performances away from home. Even then, when he's played well, there are still people coming away slagging him off. Some people see what they want to see.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: