CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Statement from the Board of Directors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could go either way. There is certainly potential over the longer term but attendances must improve a lot. At least we have something to thank Wimbledon for. Without the Milton Keynes fiasco, there might have been a risk of moving the club to where attendances would be larger.
ReDaHoLiC
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all they done they didn't just bring league football to Crawley but ensured we actually had a team to support!
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to say thanks to the owners for all they have done. The standard of football I am watching now as to when I started is barely comparable.

One last request. Please, please do a very thorough due diligence test on any potential buyers. To sell to a numpty would mean the club falling back into the non leagues and all your hard earned cash will have been wasted.

Good luck in your endeavours whatever they maybe and pop in anytime.

Jim Baker
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Just a note to say thanks to the owners for all they have done. The standard of football I am watching now as to when I started is barely comparable.

One last request. Please, please do a very thorough due diligence test on any potential buyers. To sell to a numpty would mean the club falling back into the non leagues and all your hard earned cash will have been wasted.

Jim Baker

Spot on Jim, decent due diligence is essential. If that had been done then maybe the Majeeds would have been rumbled before it was too late.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. A football club with no debt is about as rare as hen's teeth, however football is a game for those with big egos and the motives of anyone coming along need to be fully checked out.

I did wonder if this was on the cards, as over the last season and a half we have seen our best players sold off and replaced by low budget and/or short term contract players. Presumably an attempt to keep costs in check and appeal to potential buyers.

Let's see.
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to take someone with deep pockets to buy this club, just think of all those 3m players in the squad ...........

Confused
Pride of Sussex
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
I fail to see the attraction our club would have to someone with no spiritual or emotional connection to the club.I think Richard Low has hs work cut out,heres hoping eh.

A club that's very media popular - No Debt - A huge potential fanbase - A massive chance of growth - Able to expand the stadium - Huge rewards should we go up.

Don't misunderstand me I want the best for Crawley I want more Sussex based league clubs but I have to wonder if this post is made with red tinted glasses on?

Media popular? If you have been its as you've had recent success in the cups and a rise up the leagues. It could be any team and will be in a year or two.

No debt? Agree fully that is an amazing selling point one I'm sure few if any could match.

A huge potential fanbase? Are you sure? Your inbetween some HUGE clubs in London and also have Brighton just down the road with many fans in Crawley already having clubs and taking their kids up or down the road. Any new owners will have to work damn hard to attract 'huge' attendances and would be more likely to happen in say 10 years time or so (Do many owners short of being fans want to wait around that long?)

Able to expand the stadium? I'm fairly sure expansion of any real cost worthiness isn't really possible but I may be wrong so please correct me if so.

Huge rewards for going up? Again I struggle to agree you would one have to develop the ground to all seater (within 3 years granted) which would be both costly and likely reduce capacity.

Add in apart from a training ground in monetary terms is just land. (I dont know the area would be likely to be developed?) You don't own your stadium so have few 'assets' in that sense. It would have to be a VERY VERY wealthy and VERY committed buyer to really bring true lasting success to the club.

How much land in there around the area? Surely the best plan for any new investor would be to build a new c. 10000 bowl (ala Rotheram) invest in a better squad and get the club to the Championship then sell it on.

Now that may not be ideal for Crawley long term but you would gain a decent stadium and league infrastructure.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC Sussex interview with Richard Low - http://audioboo.fm/boos/128660.....ichard-low
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
The club at a guess will be worth upwards of 5million.

laughing4 laughing4 laughing4

Ross wrote:
Our money is mostly coming from the middle east.......

Hong Kong has moved then?

Last edited by Ian on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

Spot on Jim, decent due diligence is essential. If that had been done then maybe the Majeeds would have been rumbled before it was too late.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. A football club with no debt is about as rare as hen's teeth, however football is a game for those with big egos and the motives of anyone coming along need to be fully checked out.

I did wonder if this was on the cards, as over the last season and a half we have seen our best players sold off and replaced by low budget and/or short term contract players. Presumably an attempt to keep costs in check and appeal to potential buyers.

Let's see.

No need to worry Jim and Simon,the F.A. carry out a fit and proper
persons test so we will be fine.
Wink
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pride of Sussex wrote:
Ross wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
I fail to see the attraction our club would have to someone with no spiritual or emotional connection to the club.I think Richard Low has hs work cut out,heres hoping eh.

A club that's very media popular - No Debt - A huge potential fanbase - A massive chance of growth - Able to expand the stadium - Huge rewards should we go up.

Don't misunderstand me I want the best for Crawley I want more Sussex based league clubs but I have to wonder if this post is made with red tinted glasses on?

Media popular? If you have been its as you've had recent success in the cups and a rise up the leagues. It could be any team and will be in a year or two.

No debt? Agree fully that is an amazing selling point one I'm sure few if any could match.

A huge potential fanbase? Are you sure? Your inbetween some HUGE clubs in London and also have Brighton just down the road with many fans in Crawley already having clubs and taking their kids up or down the road. Any new owners will have to work damn hard to attract 'huge' attendances and would be more likely to happen in say 10 years time or so (Do many owners short of being fans want to wait around that long?)

Able to expand the stadium? I'm fairly sure expansion of any real cost worthiness isn't really possible but I may be wrong so please correct me if so.

Huge rewards for going up? Again I struggle to agree you would one have to develop the ground to all seater (within 3 years granted) which would be both costly and likely reduce capacity.

Add in apart from a training ground in monetary terms is just land. (I dont know the area would be likely to be developed?) You don't own your stadium so have few 'assets' in that sense. It would have to be a VERY VERY wealthy and VERY committed buyer to really bring true lasting success to the club.

How much land in there around the area? Surely the best plan for any new investor would be to build a new c. 10000 bowl (ala Rotheram) invest in a better squad and get the club to the Championship then sell it on.

Now that may not be ideal for Crawley long term but you would gain a decent stadium and league infrastructure.

Being a Brighton fan,you will realise that these things can take time.A long time! Wink
Time will tell what's in store for us.Its quite exciting really,as we don't know what the new owners are going to want.
We could become a high budget side again,though more likely a low,low budget side,forever battling for league survival.
Either way it will be exciting.
I just hope our newer supporters stick with it,which ever way the tide turns.
Pride of Sussex
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting it will be and all the best of luck to you. Who said being a football fan is ever dull!
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReDaHoLiC wrote:
Thanks for all they done they didn't just bring league football to Crawley but ensured we actually had a team to support!

Agreed.

This might make negotiating contracts with players a bit tricky though until position sorted.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
A fans buyout anyone?

Not a buyout, but an opportunity for fan involvement?
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Pride of Sussex wrote:
Ross wrote:
lee 66 wrote:

Being a Brighton fan,you will realise that these things can take time.A long time! Wink
Time will tell what's in store for us.Its quite exciting really,as we don't know what the new owners are going to want.
We could become a high budget side again,though more likely a low,low budget side,forever battling for league survival.
Either way it will be exciting.
I just hope our newer supporters stick with it,which ever way the tide turns.

An interesting scenario, but one that isn't going to happen, would be Armchairfan winning a huge wad on the Euromillions lottery and buying the club. Wonder if the home ban would still stand.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fnb wrote:
Mate I even think that's high as the only asset the club own I think is the trainning ground. Unless it is to be sold for housing? Just a thought not backed up by any facts.

We don't own the training ground.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: