CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Scunthorpe United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Dec 2017
Posts: 4141
Topics: 51
Location: Ifield, Crawley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it aint gonna get amy better


I didn't know Amy was ill ?? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-match reaction from RB and Matt Sparrow on BBC Sussex.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/120298.....scunthorpe

http://audioboo.fm/boos/120298.....scunthorpe

Post-match reaction from RB and Matt Sparrow on Reds Player.

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Scunthorpe

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Scunthorpe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Post-match reaction from RB and Matt Sparrow on BBC Sussex.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/120298.....scunthorpe

http://audioboo.fm/boos/120298.....scunthorpe

Post-match reaction from RB and Matt Sparrow on Reds Player.

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Scunthorpe

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Scunthorpe

Bit unlucky RB says and more excuses with the stop/start season, what next? Strange atmosphere, what next the grass was the wrong shade of green? Naive but thatís what you get when you throw young players out there, err who picks the team? And concludes the younger players like Proctor out for 7 months was it have to grow up quick if we continue to push UP the table! Er are you the only one to not notice the decline then RB?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matt88
First Team
First Team


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 1442
Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Peter wrote:
Post-match reaction from RB and Matt Sparrow on BBC Sussex.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/120298.....scunthorpe

http://audioboo.fm/boos/120298.....scunthorpe

Post-match reaction from RB and Matt Sparrow on Reds Player.

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Scunthorpe

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Scunthorpe

Bit unlucky RB says and more excuses with the stop/start season, what next? Strange atmosphere, what next the grass was the wrong shade of green? Naive but thatís what you get when you throw young players out there, err who picks the team? And concludes the younger players like Proctor out for 7 months was it have to grow up quick if we continue to push UP the table! Er are you the only one to not notice the decline then RB?


Your slating him for aiming to low, now your slating him for aiming for play-offs!

Make your mind up for Christ's sake!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Last Visit: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 537
Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this result finally puts to bed any hopes we had of reaching the play-offs, and will jolt any fans still clinging onto that dream that the reality of our season is that staying up is, and always was, the priority.
it is dissappointing that we played so badly yesterday, but perhaps not surprising with so many new faces in the team?
Love Barker or hate him, I presume he will be with us until the end of the season, so we have to rely on him to keep us out of the relegation zone.
Personally I am prepared to keep faith in him in the short term, but as someone pointed out at the forum last week, he has not made much of an effort to engage with the fans, and walking straight down the tunnel yesterday is a bad show, no matter how small our away support or how bad the result was.
It shows a little bit of contempt on his part, I know he was probably angry with the result, but he is a proffessional and should at least encourage the players to give the fans some love even if he does not feel the need to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 05 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 3197
Topics: 421
Location: Oop North

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from a few minutes round the time of our goal, we looked a bit sluggish and didn't get any momentum. P Jones MoM for me, 2 or 3 great saves.

RB had the same team start as against Swinedon but in the first half you'd think they'd never met. Maybe playing on a reasonable pitch for the first time in ages flummoxed them?

As for criticism of Proctor, he should be given more time (as should RB and the team) before he's dismissed as useless. At least he puts himself about.

Agree with criticism about RB and some of the players not acknowledging those who made the trip to support. Pretty poor.

9 more points needed for probable safety.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For their lowly league position,I thought Scunthorpe tried to play the game on the floor rather than playing hoofball. They had a few decent players in their side,too.

I can't remember the Scunny 'keeper having to make a save Crying or Very sad On the day,Crawley were OUT-THOUGHT and OUT-FOUGHT. No pride,passion,hunger or a will to win. - Once again, Ronnie Barker showed us his inept tactical nous and late,rather predictable substitutions.

We might have had a different result if we started with Bully.


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickf
Coach
Coach


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 3026
Topics: 49
Location: Southgate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
For their lowly league position,I thought Scunthorpe tried to play the game on the floor rather than playing hoofball. They had a few decent players in their side,too.

I can't remember the Scunny 'keeper having to make a save Crying or Very sad On the day,Crawley were OUT-THOUGHT and OUT-FOUGHT. No pride,passion,hunger or a will to win. - Once again, Ronnie Barker showed us his inept tactical nous and late,rather predictable substitutions.

We might have had a different result if we started with Bully.


JTG

But that might be seen to accept that last seasons team played with more drive and will to win than our current team, which isnt bad and is young but needs something that is missing in digging out results consistently.
We cant just plan for the future, there is also the here and now to worry about if we are to retain the fan base (before we even think about growing it too much!).
Also there now seems an acceptance that Sergio isnt up to Lge 1, but this is pretty much based on one game he played in the last two months and that was out of position. Not saying he is or isnt up to it, but sometimes you do wonder if he could do worse, and he does seem to have some passion for the game when he plays (but like Danny he thrives on playing regularly)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous Crawley Town sides that played under Steve Evans always seemed to be "up for it" - ( Wrexham at home 0-2 down at H/T & we turned it round to a 3-2 win) MOTIVATED I would say.

Ronnie Barker doesn't seem to have any of these skills at all,sorry.


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matt88
First Team
First Team


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 1442
Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Previous Crawley Town sides that played under Steve Evans always seemed to be "up for it" - ( Wrexham at home 0-2 down at H/T & we turned it round to a 3-2 win) MOTIVATED I would say.

Ronnie Barker doesn't seem to have any of these skills at all,sorry.


JTG


Different management styles. If he was to fly off the handle with these youngsters every half time, they wouldn't be able to handle it.

In Barker we trust!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
For their lowly league position,I thought Scunthorpe tried to play the game on the floor rather than playing hoofball. They had a few decent players in their side,too.

I can't remember the Scunny 'keeper having to make a save Crying or Very sad On the day,Crawley were OUT-THOUGHT and OUT-FOUGHT. No pride,passion,hunger or a will to win. - Once again, Ronnie Barker showed us his inept tactical nous and late,rather predictable substitutions.

We might have had a different result if we started with Bully.


JTG
tahts it Barker is so full of himself he cant see the obvious things like moaning about having youngsterd (that he puts out there0 and yet an experineced pro like Dannie Bullman isnt sent on to settle these youngsters nerves or whatever it is.

I dont rate Barker and its clear from this forum even some fans that once did no longer do. Wake up CTFC boards and get this great club a managerial replacement. Im no fan of Coppell, BUT if these owners rate him so highly give him the role part-time until the end of the season, even I would rather take a chance on Coppell that Barker. Barker is well past his ell by date.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matt88
First Team
First Team


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 1442
Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
For their lowly league position,I thought Scunthorpe tried to play the game on the floor rather than playing hoofball. They had a few decent players in their side,too.

I can't remember the Scunny 'keeper having to make a save Crying or Very sad On the day,Crawley were OUT-THOUGHT and OUT-FOUGHT. No pride,passion,hunger or a will to win. - Once again, Ronnie Barker showed us his inept tactical nous and late,rather predictable substitutions.

We might have had a different result if we started with Bully.


JTG
tahts it Barker is so full of himself he cant see the obvious things like moaning about having youngsterd (that he puts out there0 and yet an experineced pro like Dannie Bullman isnt sent on to settle these youngsters nerves or whatever it is.

I dont rate Barker and its clear from this forum even some fans that once did no longer do. Wake up CTFC boards and get this great club a managerial replacement. Im no fan of Coppell, BUT if these owners rate him so highly give him the role part-time until the end of the season, even I would rather take a chance on Coppell that Barker. Barker is well past his ell by date.


So you would rather replace a young manager, on the up looking to impress. With a DOF who has publicly said he doesn't want to manage a football team ever again!

Hmmm I can only see that going one way. I'm sure Barker wants to prove himself, not just to our fans but the board, and bigger clubs. Whereas Coppell won't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Previous Crawley Town sides that played under Steve Evans always seemed to be "up for it" - ( Wrexham at home 0-2 down at H/T & we turned it round to a 3-2 win) MOTIVATED I would say.

Ronnie Barker doesn't seem to have any of these skills at all,sorry.


JTG


That was a great comeback - though partly enabled by a weak referee.
It was also the first day when I really started to get that league 2 feeling. Before that, I hadn't really dared to hope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt88 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
For their lowly league position,I thought Scunthorpe tried to play the game on the floor rather than playing hoofball. They had a few decent players in their side,too.

I can't remember the Scunny 'keeper having to make a save Crying or Very sad On the day,Crawley were OUT-THOUGHT and OUT-FOUGHT. No pride,passion,hunger or a will to win. - Once again, Ronnie Barker showed us his inept tactical nous and late,rather predictable substitutions.

We might have had a different result if we started with Bully.


JTG
tahts it Barker is so full of himself he cant see the obvious things like moaning about having youngsterd (that he puts out there0 and yet an experineced pro like Dannie Bullman isnt sent on to settle these youngsters nerves or whatever it is.

I dont rate Barker and its clear from this forum even some fans that once did no longer do. Wake up CTFC boards and get this great club a managerial replacement. Im no fan of Coppell, BUT if these owners rate him so highly give him the role part-time until the end of the season, even I would rather take a chance on Coppell that Barker. Barker is well past his ell by date.


So you would rather replace a young manager, on the up looking to impress. With a DOF who has publicly said he doesn't want to manage a football team ever again!

Hmmm I can only see that going one way. I'm sure Barker wants to prove himself, not just to our fans but the board, and bigger clubs. Whereas Coppell won't.
No I dont want Coppell in charge BUT its a better option that RB thats how awful RB is in my opinion as manager and i belive many many Reds fans are beginning to get the same message too. Also only as I said as a stop gap, even Coppell must be capable of keeping things together until we can get a good proven manager down here. There are only 92 professional league clubs some managers will be in a job forever like ferguson so thats leave not many jobs to have for far more qualified managers than whats left form the 92, really this clubs owners let themselves and the club down with this appointment when with a bit of patience a better far better man wouldve come along. Did they not belive Coppell could hold the rains until then?

begs question what the heck is Coppell doing at AND FOR the dclub?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matt88
First Team
First Team


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 1442
Topics: 36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Matt88 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
For their lowly league position,I thought Scunthorpe tried to play the game on the floor rather than playing hoofball. They had a few decent players in their side,too.

I can't remember the Scunny 'keeper having to make a save Crying or Very sad On the day,Crawley were OUT-THOUGHT and OUT-FOUGHT. No pride,passion,hunger or a will to win. - Once again, Ronnie Barker showed us his inept tactical nous and late,rather predictable substitutions.

We might have had a different result if we started with Bully.


JTG
tahts it Barker is so full of himself he cant see the obvious things like moaning about having youngsterd (that he puts out there0 and yet an experineced pro like Dannie Bullman isnt sent on to settle these youngsters nerves or whatever it is.

I dont rate Barker and its clear from this forum even some fans that once did no longer do. Wake up CTFC boards and get this great club a managerial replacement. Im no fan of Coppell, BUT if these owners rate him so highly give him the role part-time until the end of the season, even I would rather take a chance on Coppell that Barker. Barker is well past his ell by date.


So you would rather replace a young manager, on the up looking to impress. With a DOF who has publicly said he doesn't want to manage a football team ever again!

Hmmm I can only see that going one way. I'm sure Barker wants to prove himself, not just to our fans but the board, and bigger clubs. Whereas Coppell won't.
No I dont want Coppell in charge BUT its a better option that RB thats how awful RB is in my opinion as manager and i belive many many Reds fans are beginning to get the same message too. Also only as I said as a stop gap, even Coppell must be capable of keeping things together until we can get a good proven manager down here. There are only 92 professional league clubs some managers will be in a job forever like ferguson so thats leave not many jobs to have for far more qualified managers than whats left form the 92, really this clubs owners let themselves and the club down with this appointment when with a bit of patience a better far better man wouldve come along. Did they not belive Coppell could hold the rains until then?

begs question what the heck is Coppell doing at AND FOR the dclub?


And how many would turn us down again? So go on then, give us a name. After Coppells stop gap?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit