CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Akpan to Reading
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin wrote:
Gone Undisclosed

Confirmed where?
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Have we ever sold a player to a Premier League club before? It's a helluva move for Hope, I really hope (sorry) it works out for him. And that RB spends the transfer money wisely. Preferably on strikers who can actually put the ball in the net.

Who is to say that any of the transfer money will be used. None of the reported 1.9 million for Tubbs and Barnett was. I'd hold you're breathe on that one. I'm not expecting any monies we get for players to form any part of the transfer budget.

Billy Clarke cost over 200k
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Big Spending' Dave wrote:
rubyred wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Have we ever sold a player to a Premier League club before? It's a helluva move for Hope, I really hope (sorry) it works out for him. And that RB spends the transfer money wisely. Preferably on strikers who can actually put the ball in the net.

Who is to say that any of the transfer money will be used. None of the reported 1.9 million for Tubbs and Barnett was. I'd hold you're breathe on that one. I'm not expecting any monies we get for players to form any part of the transfer budget.

any others?
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
rubyred wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:

any others?

But lets not forget, the investors took a share back, and the improvements made to the infrastructure. And there goes 2M. We can't expect every sale of a player to go back into the playing squad! We are a selling club for a reason, but what we need to be doing is speaking to Gee Evans to see if he can do some scouting for us Wink
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anymore....
After Tubbs and Barnett left we seemed to get flooded with loan players, I doubt if any were free ! (Hawley Clark Butt.......)

But on a more serious note the problem is not having the money to spend on transfers its the wages and staying within the wages cap.
fnb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
May as well post this as it'll be out soon.

I have it on extremely good authority that it's 300k.

Not from me Smile
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
rubyred wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:

any others?

Not sure the exact figures but not all of our summer transfers were free, and we tried to spend 100k on O'Kane.

Fact is we are no longer 'Big Spending' Crawley (must change my username). We have to get used to the fact that our aim is to sign unknown players for dirt cheap, make them great, and sell them on at a profit. It's what well run football clubs do.
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Anymore....
After Tubbs and Barnett left we seemed to get flooded with loan players, I doubt if any were free ! (Hawley Clark Butt.......)

But on a more serious note the problem is not having the money to spend on transfers its the wages and staying within the wages cap.

Yeh I agree, but with the sales of Hope and Kyle (maybe) that will increase our turn over, coupled with that the 2 TV games at 100k each, we can now look at being able to pay for 5/6 players 100k a year. Not that we need that many, just means we have some leeway to be able to do it.
James W
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed on club website.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....11218.aspx
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James W wrote:

Gutted.
At least he didn't go to Brighton though Smile .
And maybe that gives a bit of room for Sergio to play more.
green00
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James W wrote:

No mention of the fee , shame he has gone do you think reading know "He hates all the Gays
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to see Reading say he signed at 11am this morning but it's taken until after 5pm to announce it.

He even played for their reserves this afternoon!

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/new.....86910.aspx
green00
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wonder how much we got for Hope ..Reading have signed 2 players Hope and Daniel Carrico , Sky Sports News say that Reading have spent 0.6M this transfer window , I cant find any figures for what they paid for carrico but if the 0.6M is correct they have got a couple of bargains
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt88 wrote:
rubyred wrote:
rubyred wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:

any others?

But lets not forget, the investors took a share back, and the improvements made to the infrastructure. And there goes 2M. We can't expect every sale of a player to go back into the playing squad! We are a selling club for a reason, but what we need to be doing is speaking to Gee Evans to see if he can do some scouting for us Wink
This is truely the best mist sensible post for a very long time as any club without a good scout in place will never emerge as a front runner, its absolutely essential as we grow we do so with a excellent scouting system in pace we also need a good youth policy but thats been knocked on the head somewhat already a good scout wil be worth his money and anyone with a good record if I was in charge at Crawley I would happily pay well to achive his/her services.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
colin wrote:
Gone Undisclosed

Confirmed where?
on official site now Sad

very sad news Good Luck Hpope and thanbks for giving us Hope whilst you were with us, superb player, superb skills, will be desperately, repeat desperately missed at this club.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: