CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Reading matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Davie R wrote:
1-2 would have been a fair result, i thought the ref was ok, the lino on the west stand side gave a goal kick, when it was a blatant corner at a crucial time. oh well. Nice to see a full ground, hope it's that busy when Carlisle are here in a couple of weeks.

It was a blatant goal kick, straight off BC's shins. How myself and young James laughed at everyone around us screaming lino you're a *beep* Rolling Eyes

Well I was standing directly behind it and it looked a corner to me. Came off the Reading player last
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we played better against \Derby whenthe divide between our opponents was greater shows how we have climbed the football ladder but the standard of the squad is much poorer as is the manager ultimately as a club we have not strengthened the squad and the sale of key players was the turning point had we held onto these players we wouldve matcvhed up against Reading and mightve won a game like today instead it was inevitable we had no realistoic chance of winning especially with Gary A in attack, not that allbeit on a 15 min or wahtever showing the new Bury lad looked any better
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Ian wrote:
Davie R wrote:
1-2 would have been a fair result, i thought the ref was ok, the lino on the west stand side gave a goal kick, when it was a blatant corner at a crucial time. oh well. Nice to see a full ground, hope it's that busy when Carlisle are here in a couple of weeks.

It was a blatant goal kick, straight off BC's shins. How myself and young James laughed at everyone around us screaming lino you're a *beep* Rolling Eyes

Well I was standing directly behind it and it looked a corner to me. Came off the Reading player last

Yes as was I! But anyway, our corner routines have been poor on a whole, apart from when Sadler had a shot. But I think that was more down to luck than anything. So nothing would have come of it.
Matt88
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
we played better against \Derby whenthe divide between our opponents was greater shows how we have climbed the football ladder but the standard of the squad is much poorer as is the manager ultimately as a club we have not strengthened the squad and the sale of key players was the turning point had we held onto these players we wouldve matcvhed up against Reading and mightve won a game like today instead it was inevitable we had no realistoic chance of winning especially with Gary A in attack, not that allbeit on a 15 min or wahtever showing the new Bury lad looked any better

Do not judge a player on a 15 min debut against Premier League opponents!!

Admin edit: Please refrain from shouting posts
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Davie R wrote:

Definitely was a goal kick. Frustrating but the right decision. I'm quick to call them on it when they get it wrong - but not when they get it right.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

RB on BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/114222.....to-reading
Nicky Adams on BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/114222.....to-reading
RB on Reds Player (Video) - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....st-Reading
Nicky Adams on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....st-Reading
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Ian wrote:
Davie R wrote:

Definitely was a goal kick. Frustrating but the right decision. I'm quick to call them on it when they get it wrong - but not when they get it right.

So we are on about 3-3 all on the forum now then Laughing

It touched BC last and I am certain of that. I'll leave it for everyone else to decide whether it should therefore be a corner.

Ian
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hughe_tj wrote:
Thought we matched them for long spells and carved out 4 or 5 really good chances. Akpan, Clarke and Adams were outstanding.I feel the centre back pairing of Connolly and Walsh is getting better each game. I reckon we've unearthed a right golden nugget in Connolly.

Unearthed? A player who has already commanded a 1million transfer fee?

Wink
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
well done ctfc for marque to overflow redz just need more food next time thought this was well worked out and credit where its due

On a negative note. The girls in the west stand tea bar who forgot to fill the tea urn before half time, so no hot drinks.

Sack them !!!!
PeterPOC
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 38

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what annoys me even more than fans who leave a game before the end, even if you are losing 7-0?! People who turn up late! Yes, they might have been delayed, but if you are going to a football match, you know when it starts, so make enough time!

People came into the GFS Stand just as Reading equalised, and with all the standing-up, we missed the goal! I called out "it's a three o'clock kick-off," but they just shuffled along the row to their seats!

It's probably a safety issue, but a pity they can't lock the turnstiles, say 10 minutes before kick-off.

Last edited by PeterPOC on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Matt88
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Ian wrote:
Davie R wrote:

So we are on about 3-3 all on the forum now then Laughing

It touched BC last and I am certain of that. I'll leave it for everyone else to decide whether it should therefore be a corner.

Ian

Well IF it had touched Clarke last, then of course a GK. But it didnt, and as far as colliding with his shins definitely didnt happen. It was close to touching him, but surely the element of doubt goes to the attacker doesn't it?
Matt88
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterPOC wrote:
Do you know what annoys me even more than fans who leave a game before the end, even if you are losing 7-0?! People who turn up late! Yes, they might have been delayed, but if you are going to a football match, you when it starts, so make enough time!

People came into the GFS Stand just as Reading equalised, and with all the standing-up, we missed the goal! I called out "it's a three o'clock kick-off," but they just shuffled along the row to their seats!

It's probably a safety issue, but a pity they can't lock the turnstiles, say 1o minutes before kick-off.

Well they missed the best part of the game, maybe they will learn Wink.

But yeh leaving before the game is just pointless, I have never left a game early. EVER!
PeterPOC
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 38

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great day in Crawley Town's history. As we know, you don't reach the fifth round every year, although it DOES seem odd to be out so early. Early?! We talk like we always get to the third round! Haha! Who could have forecast the start?!

Does anyone think we scored too early?! I'm not sure. Looked like slack marking for the second goal. Will need to see the highlights. Presumably, we will be well down the ITV running order after the result.

West Ham v Man Utd, Brighton, possibly Luton. Doubt we'll be on before the first ad break.

Last edited by PeterPOC on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was the classic smash and grab by Reading - I can't recall Jones having a real save to make until near the end. However defensive suicide leaving ALF unmarked from the set piece and the second was clinical. The penalty was I thought a clear dive after Connolly played the ball.

The stats showed we had the majority of the play, shots, corners etc and I felt we put on a good show with everyone giving 100%.

Unfortunately as we have said many times we have nothing up from though, it's tough if all your goals have to come from long range or midfield.

Still tonight isn't a time to complain, on the day we matched a decent Premier League side and I think the lads should be congratulated for it.

Great to see the ground heaving.

I wonder if that will be the last time we see John Akinde in a Reds shirt.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I'm not a qualified referee, but as i understand the rule, if a player of one team is the last to touch the ball before it goes out of play, then the ball goes to the other team. It was a corner... BC didn't touch it.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: