CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Colchester United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very professional performance today. Did exactly what we needed to against a very poor Colchester team. Thought connolly and Clarke were brilliant today. Connolly is improving every game and i thought him and walsh looked quite solid.

A nice start to the year. 8th in the league after 2 successive promotions, and a 3rd round tie against a Premiership club to now look forward to. Not bad for a 'circus club' is it John The Gas?
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we won...I take it there will be no R,R & R doom and gloom.

Ofc if we do very well each player will be worth well in excess of 1million Rolling Eyes
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wodin wrote:
As we won...I take it there will be no R,R & R doom and gloom.

Ofc if we do very well each player will be worth well in excess of 1million Rolling Eyes

No GA didn't score, so he'll be here moaning about that Wink
Ces
First Team
First Team

Topics: 136

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great performance all round, not one player that played badly IMO
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-match reaction from Reds Assistant Manager Anthony Williams.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/113743.....colchester
oldcodger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say suprised with some of the comments made, IMO this was a very poor game and the standard of football was not what we should expect in League 1.

Colchester passed the ball better than us and thats about it. A 3 goal win flattered us and we should be thankful for the three points.

Could be either the pitch was difficult to play on, it was cutting up badly and looked to have surface water on it or all Crawley players had their eye on next Saturdays game.

6 points out of twelve over rthe break I would dhave settled for son not that too dissapointed.
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the best performance, a lot of misplaced passes, very scrappy and lucky to not concede. If we play like that against Reading we will have no chance.

3-0 flattered us.
ReDaHoLiC
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 points is all that matters but we can't let teams come here and put pressure on us for long periods. Colchester were naff and the game should have been put to bed when we had that good spell in the first 20mins.

Play like that against a Reading no matter how crap they are we will get spanked!!!!!

Well done on the 3pts and why wasn't Byrne playing in Hunts place as much as I like him he is not up to it at this level.
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We looked more threatening going forward and always looked like beating a team who had lost their six previous games. Adams and Clarke have the quality to make anything happen in the wide positions and were the best players today. Find it funny that people shout at RB to make changes at 1-0 then 2-0 they dont, its all about patience surely.
Looking forward to the visit of Reading.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more post-match reaction.

Mark Connolly talking to BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/113750.....colchester
Billy Clarke talking to BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/113751.....colchester
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReDaHoLiC wrote:
3 points is all that matters but we can't let teams come here and put pressure on us for long periods. Colchester were naff and the game should have been put to bed when we had that good spell in the first 20mins.

Play like that against a Reading no matter how crap they are we will get spanked!!!!!

Well done on the 3pts and why wasn't Byrne playing in Hunts place as much as I like him he is not up to it at this level.

I don't think Hunt played too badly. Their wingers were very good, even Sadler with help from Adams struggled to contain them.

I think that it was the hoof ball tactics that let us down today, but Colchester didnt really get the ball down either, just switched from side to side. If we can learn to do that, then whip a ball into the bad we will be laughing all the way to the Championship.

Oh one other note, the free kick was a great rehearsed set piece, it took a good save to deny the original play, but Connolly was there to follow it up.
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
Wasn't the best performance, a lot of misplaced passes, very scrappy and lucky to not concede. If we play like that against Reading we will have no chance.

3-0 flattered us.

What a miserable tool you are. STFU
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange game really.

We should have had it wrapped up in the first 15 mins. Good goal from a well taken free kick routine and a couple of sharp saves from the keeper. However we then gave them far too much space, second to all the loose balls, and it could easily have been 1-1 from a cross that fizzed across our 6 yard box.

In the end we got a grip and forced a couple of saves before Clarke worked hard to win the ball and then scored. Good finish by Adams gave the scoreline a nice glow.

Was 3-0 flattering? Maybe on the possession, but we had all the chances and I don't think they really looked like scoring in the second half.

I agree that Connolly had a good game, he looks better ever time I see him. Also Billy Clarke deservedly MoM, I have criticised him in the past but he was class today. Easily our best prospect of a goal. Contrast his goal (won the ball and smacked it straight past the keeper) with GAs effort in the first half which barely troubled the keeper. Even more bizarre to me that he was left out against Bournemouth.

On the downside I thought Akpan was poor, Simpson not at his best and we missed Dannie Bulman's work rate in MF. Also Hunt again looked shaky, if they had had a better left midfielder the would have had chances down that side.

Overall though a good win, however if we give Reading as much space the outcome might be different. In fact you can tell it must have been a good day as we had some coverage on Radio Aldershot before the great Dean Holdsworth arrived to speak about their relegation scrap at Barnet.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three good goals in an untidy match with far to many misplaced passes.
We huffed and puffed through most of the 90 minutes but did show glimpses of good play where we were rewarded with 3 goals.
Billy Clarke played well and showed good quality,whilst Gary Alexander worked hard and produced a couple of dangerous crosses but lacked the quality when it was required.
This was a game we should expect to win when you look at where Colchester are in the league and the poor form they are in.We scored 3 goals got the job done and can now think to Saturday.
If we play the same against Reading we will be taken to the cleaners.
Our biggest asset for that match will be the pitch,Reading will not like it one bit and if we can add more quality to our endeavour then we certainly have a small chance of an upset.

Last edited by lee 66 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares if 3-0 flattered us, its all about taking chances. I didnt think we deserved to loose 3-0 to Bournemouth or 2-0 to Sheff Utd for that matter.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: