CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

AFC Bournemouth matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marky
Coach
Coach

Topics: 57

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt88 wrote:
Clarke is very good, but only in short spells. I thought that Barker was spot on, also you can't play Clarke in a 4-5-1 formation.

Not even as an attacking midfielder as he has done in the past? Confused

Basically a 4-2-3-1 which is basically 4-5-1.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more post-match reaction.

RB on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....ournemouth
Josh on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....ournemouth
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

motley2 wrote:
Simon wrote:
Matt88 wrote:
Simon wrote:
When Clarke has been in the team and scoring it has been a 4-4-1-1 type formation. He could play off Akinde or Alexander. Then when defending a lead it is quite easy to drop to 4-5-1 with Clarke on the left of midfield.

Yes I would suggest it's best to give an opinion having actually been to the game. Otherwise coming on here talking about how RB has got it spot on makes you sound a bit of a fool.

Ok what I meant was in the 4-5-1 formation, the starting XI was probably the best, although maybe Akinde in place of GA.

But in fairness to Barker if we are struggling with goals then we need to strengthen at the back, Didn't work today looking at the score line, but against Sheffield it did, with their goals coming from 2 direct free kicks.

We are 8th in L1, we are well above where any of us thought we would be, just cut Barker a little slack. That's all I'm trying to say.

It worked against Sheffield did it? We played 1 up front, didn't create any chances and lost (and yes I was there). How on earth can you say losing 2-0 was a success? Whether their goals came from free kicks is irrelevant.

We then recalled Clarke against Pompey and guess what, Clarke scored and we won.

So then we leave him out again today, play 1 up front and hey presto we don't score and get beaten.

I've never said mid table wouldn't be a good outcome, just that for a man who claims to have so many coaching qualifications he really seems tactically inept at times, plus blind loyalty to players who are not performing (Alexander) when we have other options (Akinde) on the bench who lets face it couldn't do any worse.

Sound like you should be coach Simon, Akinde to play dont make me laugh he is useless Laughing

To be fair to Akinde, in his time at Crawley he has never had a run in the team. Whereas Alexander is picked every game even though he is totally ineffective. At any other club GA would have been dropped weeks ago.
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith and Akinde upfront on Tuesday! Clarke playing in the hole, Jones and Adams on the wing, Cooper/Bulman just in front of the back 4 and the usual at back, maybe Byrne in for Hunt. But with lack of training time, it will be either 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 again.
Marky
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt88 wrote:
Smith and Akinde upfront on Tuesday! Clarke playing in the hole, Jones and Adams on the wing, Cooper/Bulman just in front of the back 4 and the usual at back, maybe Byrne in for Hunt. But with lack of training time, it will be either 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 again.

Akpan back in the team no doubt, was only a 1 game ban for him.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akinde will never be our main striker.

Cherries very good today, but aided and abetted in the first half by our ability to pass the ball to them instead of one of our own.

Adams needs a rest I think, lots of endeavour today but no end result. Has looked jaded for 3 or 4 games now.

Reading other forums, AFC fans thought we played ok and looked a decent side heading for a mid-table finish. They're hopefully right.

The team have had tricky games on heavy pitches for 3 games now with a 4th/5th likely on 1st and 5th of January.

Well done the Reds on a great 25 games in L1 and being 8th.

Look on the bright side folks.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no doubt we have had a brilliant start to life in league 1. However - i cant help but feel it could of been a lot better today.

We went like Ross said, simply to get a draw. A very defensive 4-5-1 and until Clarke came on we didn't even look like scoring. My issue is this - why do we continue to play 1 up front, pump balls to GA and not support him? He is up there on his own with no support at all. Half time 2-0 down, it was clear to everyone changes needed to be made... but nope, nothing until around 65th/70th minute. Why did we waste all that time doing the same thing as the first half ? Sitting back and inviting pressure instead of trying to get back in the match? POINTLESS. We should of brought on Clarke and Akinde and gone for it. I would of rather lost 3-0 going for it than 3-0 by just sitting back and letting them *beep* on us like we did. POOR.

Regarding certain players today, Hunt was atrocious - Their number 7 Pugh had a field day today, Hunty was out of position on to many occasions. Bulman was brilliant, all over the shop, getting stuck in and really showing some effort, why he gets dropped back to the bench some games is beyond me. I thought Cooper did OK today, not bad considering he had been out for 3 months but was it right to start him considering his long absence?

Overall RB continues to frustrate me regarding tactics and substitutions. 4-5-1 punting balls up to a lone striker isn't going to work with no support. Sending a team out just to sit back and let teams come at them isn't good either. Substitutions again came about 15/20 minute's to late as well.

MUST IMPROVE FOR COLCHESTER!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too dont think Akinde is the answer BUT has he had a fair chance/run in the team, well not compared to Gary A he hasnt and pelase if he gets one i dont need him going on an endless run of matches to tell me he isnt good enough (if that proves to be case, like Gary A). What BJA does provide is entertainment the fans are on the edge of theor seats ready to go crazy when (I mean if) he scores and you sense so many people really genuinely willing this guy on, whereas fans just cant wait until Gary A isnt included in the starting 11.

Please, please, please no more Gary Alexander and if RB fails to start with the teams top scorer again then he really has lost the plot for good!
wadeinthewater
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From an outsiders viewpoint, thought at times yesterday you looked a good physical outfit playing some attractive forward moving football, however, you have a weak defence which needs addressing and never thought you would actually score. Not the worst team I have seen at Dean Court but not the best.

Think you will agree we were certainly not the same team that was swept aside at your place.

All the best for the rest of the season although think you need to strengthen in the transfer window to have any hope of a play off place.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wadeinthewater wrote:
From an outsiders viewpoint, thought at times yesterday you looked a good physical outfit playing some attractive forward moving football, however, you have a weak defence which needs addressing and never thought you would actually score. Not the worst team I have seen at Dean Court but not the best.

Think you will agree we were certainly not the same team that was swept aside at your place.

All the best for the rest of the season although think you need to strengthen in the transfer window to have any hope of a play off place.

Nice to have a visitor to the forum who can engage in fair comment - unlike the Swindon troll(s) Smile .
I wasn't there but heard enough on the radio to get a decent feel of the game. Amazing how you have the same players as at our place but a manager who seems to know what to do with them. It's a classic case of how different things can be when a manager has a clue.
I will be thankful for a mid table finish and I am just happy that we look very unlikely to be involved in a relegation scrap. Not much point us bewing in the playoffs as Championship football is beyond us IMO. It could also break the bank or come straight back down again. No problem. I would be happy for us to be an average L1 side for a few more years before looking at hopefully pushing on.
I reckon you lot will certainly make the playoffs and, if you carry on like recently, maybe the autos.
Good luck.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen the goals on I Player.
First goal a great header by GA, if it was only at the other end.
2nd goal the wall broke and didn't do its job. 3rd goal poor defence.
If we concede easy goals like that and don't score...well you all know.
Marky
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
2nd goal the wall broke and didn't do its job.

2nd goal, the wall wasn't formed properly as it was a quick free kick.
crawley eagle
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Dan, completely agree with all your points. I cannot understand how players like Jones and Adams get in the side ahead of Clarke. Adams yesterday had an absolute nightmare first half and should have been replaced at half time. Feel a bit sorry for Alexander as the service he receives is so poor the bloke has no chance. I would like to see Clarke, Alexander and Smith all start on Tuesday, lets at least try and show some attacking intent.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:
2nd goal the wall broke and didn't do its job.

2nd goal, the wall wasn't formed properly as it was a quick free kick.

I see RB's beef ths week on the club website is that quick free kicks are no longer allowed. I didn't know that was the case.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it was not a quick free kick, although the Beeb commentator said it was. The wall was formed "poorly" and the players were watching. One of the players in the wall just stuck out a leg.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: