CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

AFC Bournemouth matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt88 wrote:
Michael wrote:
Why is our best player sitting on the bench for 70 mins?
Barkers decisions are a joke.

I presume your on about Clarke? He isn't our best player. And gets lost when he plays a full game. We have mentioned this on many threads.

Clarke is very good, but only in short spells. I thought that Barker was spot on, also you can't play Clarke in a 4-5-1 formation.

Is that another of your "I didn't actually go to the game but know it all" opinions?

How come Clarke has scored before playing off Alexander? And why would it have to be 4-5-1?

Coming after your Ajose gaffe I would wind it in a bit.
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Matt88 wrote:
Michael wrote:

I presume your on about Clarke? He isn't our best player. And gets lost when he plays a full game. We have mentioned this on many threads.

Clarke is very good, but only in short spells. I thought that Barker was spot on, also you can't play Clarke in a 4-5-1 formation.

Is that another of your "I didn't actually go to the game but know it all" opinions?

How come Clarke has scored before playing off Alexander? And why would it have to be 4-5-1?

Coming after your Ajose gaffe I would wind it in a bit.

I'm just saying, if Barker wanted to play 4-5-1 then Clarke isn't the man to go up top on his own. I agree that Alexander shouldn't have a start now, and at home to Colchester we should really be playing 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 with Clarke playing in the hole behind the front 2.

But I think the fact Barker has said we will play 4-6-0, he does still want a front man.

I will be at the Colchester game, so can I make an opinion after that one? Smile
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointing today conceding too many soft goals. Alexander is too lightweight to lead the line on his own
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Clarke has been in the team and scoring it has been a 4-4-1-1 type formation. He could play off Akinde or Alexander. Then when defending a lead it is quite easy to drop to 4-5-1 with Clarke on the left of midfield.

Yes I would suggest it's best to give an opinion having actually been to the game. Otherwise coming on here talking about how RB has got it spot on makes you sound a bit of a fool.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

RB on BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/113417.....league-one
Josh on BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/113417.....ournemouth
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean Howell's Hairdresser wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
Why is'nt Billy Clarke starting, he's our top scorer?! I hope he gets on but I hope it's not with 10 minutes to go whe we're 2 down as RB seems to do

Plus he can cross a ball and take a good corner. Adams and Jones failed to beat the first man with just about every cross against Sheffield

Couldn't understand this myself, makes no sense, crazy selecting
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
When Clarke has been in the team and scoring it has been a 4-4-1-1 type formation. He could play off Akinde or Alexander. Then when defending a lead it is quite easy to drop to 4-5-1 with Clarke on the left of midfield.

Yes I would suggest it's best to give an opinion having actually been to the game. Otherwise coming on here talking about how RB has got it spot on makes you sound a bit of a fool.

Ok what I meant was in the 4-5-1 formation, the starting XI was probably the best, although maybe Akinde in place of GA.

But in fairness to Barker if we are struggling with goals then we need to strengthen at the back, Didn't work today looking at the score line, but against Sheffield it did, with their goals coming from 2 direct free kicks.

We are 8th in L1, we are well above where any of us thought we would be, just cut Barker a little slack. That's all I'm trying to say.
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe it really is time to drop Alexander. I can't see why he's getting picked game after game with no effect.

It is very strange selecting week after week.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandy1954 wrote:
I do believe it really is time to drop Alexander. I can't see why he's getting picked game after game with no effect.

It is very strange selecting week after week.

The moaners behind the goal were saying this over a dozen matches ago.

Has Ritchie Barker been to loyal or plain incompetent?
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt88 wrote:
Michael wrote:

But he is our best forward by far, so he might get lost for periods, what do those replacing him do!!!? We have one player with real skill upfront, who can at least score, but because he maybe doesn't keep it up for 90 mins every game he gets left out so that we can play a journeyman upfront on his own in a defensive formation which has resulted in some rubbish football(inc STevenage away which we won but no way was there any quality).
Cannot afford another tedious one upfront performance at home TUesday!
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colchester is now a MUST WIN game.
The excuse that their game was called off today so they had extra time to rest is a non starter.
Lloyd
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 35

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander must have the ball to his feet. High balls are not good and he doesn't have the pace to run on to it. He can hold the ball up well and, if he lays it off and collects, he can finish.
Well pleased to see jonte get on. More of him please.
I'm not trying to say he's the best there's ever been but I think he potentially can be a threat.
Thought cooper looked good today. Bully was good too.
Graza
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very difficult to comment on jonte. I worry that Lloyd believes a few goals in the ryman makes him a league one striker but it would be nice to see more of him. In the last few games I have reaffirmed my view that hunt has no positional sense at full back. Gets beaten far too easily
Markymark
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing result but have probably just watched the League 1 champions today.

Bournemouth were better, sharper and stronger in all areas. Best away seat position so far this season but was gutted there was no hot food when my son and I could have murdered a burger or pie after a slow & wet journey down.

From an elevated position we could clearly see the poor service that GA has to deal with for 90 mins. At one point he received a shout of 'hold it' as the ball arrived at throat height. When was the last time he got a ball in to feet?

Good day out, frustrated that we conceded the goals in the way we did, but 5 years ago I wouldn't have dreamt that I would be finishing 2012 at Portsmouth followed by Bournemouth. Bring on Colchester COYR!!
thedarkhorse
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
John Akinde looks lively every time he plays - what's the harm? He cannot do any worse.

He could score two own goals?

It was always going to be tough today. On a lucky day, we could have nicked it. We didn't. Such is football, and life.

At least we're not Toon Army. What a Christmas they have had!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: