CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Stevenage matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got back from Bristol a short while ago and thought I'd go through this thread from the the beginning without knowing the final score.

The doom and gloom after they scored was palpable! Apparently we didn't have a chance!

Brilliant result against a team I don't have a lot of time for. As for GA? I wasn't at the game but surely you can't keep playing a forward who can't score in this league since mid September, even though he played nearly every game.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-match reaction from RB and Bully with BBC Sussex.

RB - http://audioboo.fm/boos/111596.....-stevenage
Bully - http://audioboo.fm/boos/111599.....-stevenage
Eggnog
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top man Danny Bulman!
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akpan was lucky at one point to even stay on the pitch (where have I heard that before), a leading forearm which a lot of referees would have given a straight red for. He did show great instinct for the first goal to follow up the shot, BUT isn't that alexanders job *shock horror* To be fair to alexander though, he did win 1 header today and hid first offside wasn't until the 20th minute so maybe he is improving joker
Nick Hilton
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Stevenage matchday thread Reply with quote

Credit to the manager today. With the strikers misfiring or injured, playing five in midfield did the trick. Having Bullman in there allowed the attacking midfielders to pour forward , which followed last week's substitution when Bullman coming on retrieved the point v Shrewsbury. Namecheck for Connelly who was immense , particularly after Davies went off and Jones who saved us at the end. The fans were superb today. I know its Christmas and money is tight but you can't beat a an away day out when we win and it is clear the players respond to our singing and encouragement too. One other thing, I was told by a Stevenage fan that is the first time in three years that Stevenage have lost after being a goal up, and the first time it has happened in their rise up the football league, the record is also mentioned on their forum
stoneface
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Connelly had his best game for Crawley today. We might need him to step it up a gear if Claude is crocked again.

A bit of luck with Bully's goal, but I'll take that no problem.

Hope was a lucky boy to stay on the pitch. If a Stevenage player did that we would all be screaming for a red card.

The top of the table is incredibly tight. By end of New Year's Day we could be 2nd or 12th!

Roll on next Saturday.
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a player Bullman is. Barker must keep him in the side.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best away game for a good while. Fans were class, performance was very decent and brilliant to get back to winning ways. Bring on Sheffield United!
oldcodger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought we played better today, although Stevenage were not that good, we had afew chances but lack finishing. Fotrunate on both goals first one a follow up to a saved shot and the second a wicked deflection. Would have taken the point at half time so well pleased with three. Akapan was lucky to stay on the pitch, a deliberate elbow not what I like to see in football and could have had a big effect on the game if he had been sent off.
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trip today. Well done to the manager and players. Connolly , Jones and Bulman stood out. Good respect shown by our fans to Stevenage's sad loss too.

Definitely a good day to be a Crawley fan today.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
The best away game for a good while. Fans were class, performance was very decent and brilliant to get back to winning ways. Bring on Sheffield United!

Especially the sober ones. Wink

Nice remark from RB about the support as well - "Tremendous - absolutely tremendous. They really got behind the boys and I hope they enjoy the result as much as we did."

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the day out, thought the players attitude was great throughout and the worked very hard and a great result. But just before we scored I was saying to somebody this was one of the worst games I have seen. Not sure if it is just playing Stevenage but there was little passing, neither keeper had much to do (until Jones excelled in the last few minutes) and little or no goalmouth action. Two goals out of the blue certainly helped though and do not think it was as Thad has mentoned a "Smash and Grab" because I dont think either team did enough to win it. But who cares in the end, we have been unfortunate a couple of times lately ourselves and it was nice to see Danny Bulman celebrations!
bowmanc
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 39

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bril day out and another away win under our belts. That's 5 in the league so far.

Fantastic away support today, probably the loudest we have been all season. There was a bit of a lull after their goal but we picked it up and were rewarded with two quick goals.

Relief all around as fans and players celebrated at the end.

Some great photos to come on CTSA website and fb.

Well done to everyone who made the trip, another proud day for the club.

Colin
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:

Especially the sober ones. Wink

Nice remark from RB about the support as well - "Tremendous - absolutely tremendous. They really got behind the boys and I hope they enjoy the result as much as we did."

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Haha, was a top day out! Where are these quotes from RB? I heard connolley praised the fans and said we were class.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing how all the doom & gloom earlier in the thread vanished all of a sudden. Let's all remember that a game last's 90 minutes it's not over just because the opposition take the lead..... Well done to Bulman, top player & hopefully he will now get a regular run in the starting 11

Ben

Last edited by Crawley Ben on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: