CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Shrewsbury Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we were awful today but seriously, that pitch is not helping at all! It was awful and a number of missed placed passes were due to the ball bobbling all over the place. So tinpot.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half after the first couple of minutes was the worst we have played this year. We looked totally clueless and out classed.

To be fair in the second half we got on top but still wasn't anywhere near what we produced early season.

I agree the last two weeks have shown Torres level. Super fella but just doesn't have it at this level. Against Chelmsford he had time and wasn't physicaly dominated today he looked out his depth not strong enough and needs more time than he gets at this level.

Ajosie is another who struggles with the physicality at this level . He didn't win a single challenge all afternoon.

On the positive Simpson showed up well and Akinde def warranted a start next time he showed a desire you don't always see from him and I think he takes a lot of pressure off Alexander . Think we need some size and aggression up front.

In the end a draw was fair I think.
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Standers were calling for GA's head, especially after that weak attempt at tackling their defender in first half stoppage time. Our strikers are not League 1 standard so RB had better get some decent ones in next month.
I'm so resigned to innefective strikers, I couldn't even be botheted to get my FA Cuo tickets after the game.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree pitch is becoming a big problem not sure why because over previous years been ok.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree about Alexander ...he is leading the line on his own (ajosie was none existent today). And he isn't getting great service Adams is our sole player who can beat a man and get a cross in and to be blunt if Adams was better with his delivery ball he wouldn't be in this league .

I think if Akinde is fit enough to start that could help Alexander enormously ...akinde was competing for the ball and winning it which halfs the worK load for Alexander ..think those two are the way forward for the next three weeks .

Like to see Clifford get a chance as well ..why sign him otherwise.
Michael
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Agree pitch is becoming a big problem not sure why because over previous years been ok.

We can only hope the pitch gets worse, because if we play like that against Sheff. Utd. We are going to get stuffed, at least the pitch is a leveller.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had this down as a must-win if we were serious contenders for the play-offs. I think after today we will have probably concede that it’s back to plan A: consolidation.

It all started so well. A goal in the opening minute and we were playing some really good stuff until they scored their scrappy goal. Their second was an absolute disaster and we were lucky not to concede more. It was only until about the seventh minute that we started to do anything. Up until that point we seemed to have run out of ideas and imagination. We really missed Clarke and we looked sloppy at the back without McFadzean.

I thought Akinde did well when he came on and did more than either of the two incumbents had done. He surely must be pushing for a start, he literally cannot do any worse.

Bringing off Adams for Jones was one of the more bizarre substitutions this season. Adams was clearly the main outlet and what was Jones supposed to do in two minutes plus injury time?

A point is better than nothing, Suddenly I’m feeling very happy we amassed a lot of points when we did as I can only see us sliding a little further.

Jones – 7 – Blameless for either goal and comfortable throughout

Hunt – 7 – Solid at the back but offered little going forward.

Sadler – 7 – One of the most consistent players we have

Connolly – 6 – Concerning decisions made at times. It also shows up having a right footer playing on the left of the back two

Davis – 6 – Erratic in places. Some of his headers were going more up – and sometimes back! – than out

Simpson – 9 – He’s really stepped up this season. Two good goals and a commanding and powerful performance throughout

Akpan – 5 – Sloppy and at times a bit of a bull in a china shop. It’s easy to wince every time he goes into a tackle because it could result in a red or yellow. Needs to calm down

Torres – 6 – His usual energetic self but he looked like a man playing under pressure because he knows that at any times Barker will give him the hook

Adams – 7 – Not at his best but still our most creative and exciting player. Constantly makes himself available

Ajose – 5 – Other than a couple of classy bit of control he was anonymous throughout the game

Alexander – 5 – He looks like he’s completely run out of steam but we have very few options

Akinde – 7 – Can’t fault his enthusiasm at all and did well

Bulman – 6 – Struggled to get into the game

Jones – N/A – Odd substitution to make at that point of the game
dabber49
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: shrewsbury town matchday thread Reply with quote

Early season form will hopefully keep us out of trouble but there are reasons why Alexander wasnt offered a 2 year deal at Brentford and also why Barker was the 5th/6th choice as manager.Have no doubt that come january the squad will be bolstered by further below par former Bury players.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheffield will thrive on out pitch ..they are a big physical team who base their game on an outstanding defence at this level . Will be a huge test for us especially if we get nothing at Stevenage.

We have some decent footballers in akpan, Adams , Simpson Jones on form but we need more physical presence around them.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some observations from today;
Sergio has proved beyond doubt that he is out of his comfort zone in this league, maybe the fans who chant for him every week finally saw that today.
Our set pieces are becoming something of a running joke this season, I refuse to get excited about corners or free kicks because they ineviatebly come to nothing with astounding regularity. Does our decorated manager not see this and put some extra practise in?
Our crowds seem to be getting smaller(and any atmosphere with it) rather than increasing. The club has to start introducing some decent ticket offers to get bums on seats.
Poor Gary Alexander, could not hit the proverbial barn door, in fact he is not even getting close to the stable. Boy do we need someone who can run at defences and loose off the occaisional shot on goal, their number 29 today did more running today than any of our so called strikers have in a very long time.
Still, it is another point, hopefully, toward safety, and at the start of the season staying up was my main aim for the club, the great start we had just gave everybody false hope.
crawleyguy21
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the first minute it all went downhill and even the first goal came from a messed up free-kick. Its been a while since i have seen the team so void of ideas in the first half and to be honest i felt we were lucky to get a point out of it.
Alexander just isnt the player he used to be, most likely due to his age but at this level i think it is plain to see why brentford only offered him 1 year. I feel a bit sorry for ajose he hasnt really had much time in the team recently and the way we seem to be playing isnt going to suit him at all. (e.g Spurs dont pump up big long balls to defoe and expect him to get on the end of them do they!!)
Today screamed out for bulman from the begining, just to sit in front of the defence so that adams akpan and simson can just go forward. If you forget p.jones for a minute i cant help but think we would be so much more solid if we had 2 sets of 5 players the 4 defenders and bulman and then the other 3 midfielders going forward with the top 2.
I really feel that Mr Barker is well and truely out of his depth though and he just seems to stand there and do nothing. To come out at the end of that match and think that we deserved a point at least i think is crazy.
Stevenage away shef utd at home nd then portsmouth and bournemouth away for the rest of this month! Unfortunatly i dont see us going much above the 32 points we are on Sad
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think we have to say if at the start of the season we were told we would be eight points off top coming into thee Christmas programe we would all have snapped the proverbial hand off.

It should be remembered we have the worst training facilities in the league, our manager arrived a couple of weeks before the season and inherited most the squad, our gates are third worst in the league and we play on a pitch that most non league sides would scoff at.

All that said and considered we have done outstandingly well. No way will we be relegated ....and we may even pick our form back up.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander is not good enough

I hate to say it , sorry to his fans.

He is a decent hardworking footballer

BUT , League 1 is to difficult for him.

Time for RB to sell him in Transfer window .
compsdakeeper
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way the game panned out, I don't think a point is tragic. Thought, to their credit, Shrewsbury were well organised and decent physically at the back. This didn't help us as it seemed our game plan was to get the ball forward asap. Ajose was out of the game from the off IMO.

Defensively we didn't look as solid as we have in the past. Seemed to be a lot of bickering between Claude and Jones and then the two centre halves. Nothign seemed to come off for Nicky Adams today, but the thing I love about him is he carries on trying things and didnt give up. Him at 50% was better than some of our players playing at their maximum.

Atmosphere was pants again. No surprise, the stadium is like a library nowadays. Someone needs to take control in the Bruce Winfield!!!
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more post-match reaction.

Josh Simpson talking to BBC Sussex - http://audioboo.fm/boos/110296.....shrewsbury

Richie Barker on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Shrewsbury

Josh Simpson on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Shrewsbury
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: