CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Shrewsbury Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Matt88
First Team
First Team


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 1442
Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big John on, time for a hatrick??Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard a loud cheer!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matt88
First Team
First Team


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 1442
Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-2 Simpson, Akinde with the assist (i think).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
butlersoft
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 382
Topics: 12
Location: TILGATE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpson again !! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matt88
First Team
First Team


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 1442
Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full-time, by the updates on Twitter, probably a fair result. Hmmm..... Relegation here we come?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt88 wrote:
Full-time, by the updates on Twitter, probably a fair result. Hmmm..... Relegation here we come?

Our decent start should mean it won't come to that.
We have clearly achieved what many newly promoted sides do,in starting so well.Hardly momentum though cough cough.
Oh well,another point it is which is better than it could have been.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matt88
First Team
First Team


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 1442
Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Matt88 wrote:
Full-time, by the updates on Twitter, probably a fair result. Hmmm..... Relegation here we come?

Our decent start should mean it won't come to that.
We have clearly achieved what many newly promoted sides do,in starting so well.Hardly momentum though cough cough.
Oh well,another point it is which is better than it could have been.


Yeh, the start is what is keeping us up deffo. It should see us through to the end mid-table. But I don't think a play-off run is going to happen now, nat that I want us to be promoted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach


Joined: 11 Sep 2010
Last Visit: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 1734
Topics: 62

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for Akinde to start. He come on and caused problems, his goal will come.

Barkers sub was a joke! Clueless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wodin
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 27 May 2017
Posts: 1347
Topics: 53
Location: the computer wing of the mansion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not in the top six..therefore manager clueless Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach


Joined: 11 Sep 2010
Last Visit: 24 Sep 2018
Posts: 1734
Topics: 62

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wodin wrote:
We're not in the top six..therefore manager clueless Rolling Eyes


Did anyone say that? His sub was shocking. Even Adams had a moan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie Barker talking to BBC Sussex after the game.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/110287.....shrewsbury
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gary M
First Team
First Team


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 24 Jul 2017
Posts: 877
Topics: 21
Location: Third Rock from the Sun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
Wodin wrote:
We're not in the top six..therefore manager clueless Rolling Eyes


Did anyone say that? His sub was shocking. Even Adams had a moan.


To be fair to Barker, Adams had a mare. Apart from Simpson, who didn't?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Last Visit: 04 Jun 2017
Posts: 2123
Topics: 176
Location: Broadfield

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great start to the match today, then the defence seemed to fall asleep & we ended up giving away 2 cheap goals. Thankfully Josh Simpson was on song today & he got us out of trouble twice. Regarding the substitutions, I can't for the life of understand why Torres came off yet Akpan stayed on. Akpan despite the number of red cards he has previously received still doesn't know how to tackle properly. He was lucky not to be sent off again today I felt. Torres can feel hard done by I reckon. Not surprised Ajose got hooked, he had a very poor match along with Alexander. At least Akinde & Bulman tried to get things going when they came on. Still it's a point gained & not 3 points lost. I will be happy if at least 2 strikers are signed in the January window. We do need them!

Ben
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gary M
First Team
First Team


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 24 Jul 2017
Posts: 877
Topics: 21
Location: Third Rock from the Sun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Ben wrote:
A great start to the match today, then the defence seemed to fall asleep & we ended up giving away 2 cheap goals. Thankfully Josh Simpson was on song today & he got us out of trouble twice. Regarding the substitutions, I can't for the life of understand why Torres came off yet Akpan stayed on. Akpan despite the number of red cards he has previously received still doesn't know how to tackle properly. He was lucky not to be sent off again today I felt. Torres can feel hard done by I reckon. Not surprised Ajose got hooked, he had a very poor match along with Alexander. At least Akinde & Bulman tried to get things going when they came on. Still it's a point gained & not 3 points lost. I will be happy if at least 2 strikers are signed in the January window. We do need them!

Ben


Steve Evans once said "a manager would have to be an idiot to leave Bulman out of a side"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Last Visit: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 439
Topics: 11
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a frustrating and worrying first half, that turned into a decent game. We're certainly feeling the heat at this level now - Shrews had all the ideas and looked a league above in the first half.

In the end, had they scored that sitter they missed right at the end we might have felt slightly hard done by after a much better second half.

Some specifics (all in my view, of course):

Sergio - great guy, and super servant to the club, but - sorry - simply not good enough at this level.

Claude - liability - said so from day one

Simpson - rightly MOM

Decent enough performances from Akpan, Adams and Connolly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit