CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Chemsford City matchday thread (FAC2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marky
Coach
Coach

Topics: 57

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think their striker had a useless attempt at a lob from 50 yards in the first half, it bounced three times and Jones picked it up at the edge of the area. I think the BBC have counted that as Chelmsford's one shot, off target.

I heard the Chelmsford manager on TalkSport this morning saying that whatever happens, the fans can be proud of their players. I honestly don't think they can, I heard a few disgruntled fans at the final whistle (I left just before the end with my wife and daughter) and was by the away end as the whistle went, they weren't happy in the slightest at their zero shots on goal, and i'm pretty sure they weren't proud of their players.

Some proper idiots in the East Stand behind me, one of them telling the 1000 or so Chelmsford fans on the terraces, to "sit down, shut up". Embarassed
Marky
Coach
Coach

Topics: 57

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compsdakeeper wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Few points from today.

- Connolley,Adams,Clarke were brilliant today
- Shocking home attendance
- Big John Akinde is god
- The pitch is still poor

Were you expecting the pitch to be perfect?!? It was better than the last home game, but we need to face the facts, it is a long and expensive proccess to fix that pitch, and it isn't happening for a while.

It was definitely better than the last home game. But seeing as for once we played the ball along the ground, I could see the ball bobble/hit a divot plenty of times.
JB
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkieforce wrote:
Their keeper also played for us for those not in the know!!

Crawley Town

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:34, 26 August 2011 (UTC).

Think it was 1999/2000 actually.
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was their gk mom really ?
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have got a rugby score !

We were all over them.

We desperately need a decent striker

Big Gary and Akinde should have got a hatrick each , but just were not good enough

Good to be in the velvet bag for the next round
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Good to be in the velvet bag for the next round

Or indeed the plastic bowl!

Silly talk about the attendance really. 3k is always what this game would draw. People need to be realistic.

A good win and hopefully we'll be lucky with the draw: small team at home or big team away.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought it was a decent home attendance considering who we were playing. The way Chelmsford played today has only reinforced my view.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelmsford City are official the worst team EVER to play at the Broadfield and by a VERY long way, awful, clueless, weak, n oshots in entire game im not including the pathetic attempt to lobb the superb P Jones, they really were dire in all departments apart from 2 saves their keeper made. Shocklingly bad.

Now has we converted the 50 odd goals scoring opportunities we mustve had we could and shouldve won 10-0 they were patheticlly awful.

Thats the season so far for Crawley CANT SCORE and Gary A falling over when virtuaqlly clean through sums him up, past it. He has to go and be replaced. If ever a game said we need a striker this was the one.

Hope Billy boy is ok as he had a reasonable game and is our top scorer.

Akpan has class written all over him. Simpson started well but faded. BUllman cant pass accurately over distance and yet again we mess up a freekick nothing knew there then.

N Adams superb today great attacking play and work rate exceptionally hard working. Davis looked like an athlete winning the olympics 100m sprin their strikers were that useless and with good away support they must wonder why they bothered they had nothing to cheer as they were COMPLETELY OUTPLAYED AND OUTCLASSED by a team of superior skills.

Now the good bits and there were plenty. We were reminded of what its like to win, we had no problems whatsoever well aprt from one quarter shaky moment with Jones clearing a little too late, but thats all they were nothing, useless would be a compliment to Chelmsford City.

More good bits, we show boated at times passing was slick and we didnt try too much clever play when not needed kept possesion well, basically outplayed them and looked World Class until we got to the final ball the shot. then it went pear shape yet again and again and again and again and again and again and again and againand again and again Mad Mad

Then more brilliance from Adams and Akpan then the introduction of a sub without us conceeding Shocked YES I can report RB made a sub when we were actually winning ! How much I wanted Big John Akinde to score, onbe great first touch a little unlucky a little er not a good finish but no worse than Gary A thats for sure! HAve we got the worst strikers in league 1?

We won we are deservedly in the hat for round 3 and Man C and home pleas ein fact any home tie will do nicely. Hopefully the win will boost confidence and we might re-kickstart our season but alas i doubt it as we have no strikeforce of quality and yet again thats where we are missing.

A thoroughly professional approach to the game and for that we must acknowledge the management and coaching and in particular RB input was excellent many a team mightve slipped up on the bananna skin here (though its hard to see how Colchester did as Chelmsford rankl the worst team i have EVER seen in my memory EVER at all levels. Credit to Crawley we completely destroyed them took the game to them throughout from start to finish. Professional and welcome to see where we have climbed in recent years, massive pat on the back to CTFC for reachin the 3rd rd of the greatest cup tournamnet in the World.
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting report RRR Shocked

Not sure about re-kickstart though ............
one touch footie
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now has we converted the 50 odd goals scoring opportunities we mustve had we could and shouldve won 10-0 they were patheticlly awful.

Surely if we'd converted 50 goal scoring opportunities, then the score would have been 50-0.?
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
A thoroughly professional approach to the game and [b]for that we must acknowledge the management and coaching and in particular RB input was excellent

Your audacity is amazing. If I ever find out who you are I'll give you a couple of apples. One for each face.
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nothing else, RRR's posts are entertaining to read and surprisingly, he, or she, makes some good points.
We do have the worst strike force in League 1, GA is a shadow of himself from last season's promotion push and may be content to see out his contract without achieving very much and then hang up his misfiring boots.

BJA is comedy, he's loved by us and would have brought the house down if he'd nailed that header but as RRR says, he's no worse than GA and I'd prefer him up front because he's got better ball control and can run; those two attributes make him miles better.
Hope Billy's OK, seemed like a hamstring injury though which means a good few weeks out.

Good to hear the 'end of game winning music' again.

Can't wait to see AFC get stuffed followed by "ball 63, Crawley Town will play....... 'ball 13' Chelsea" although happy to settle for a trip to Hastings.
steve leake
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 134

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d_c_bryan wrote:
If nothing else, RRR's posts are entertaining to read and surprisingly, he, or she, makes some good points.
We do have the worst strike force in League 1, GA is a shadow of himself from last season's promotion push and may be content to see out his contract without achieving very much and then hang up his misfiring boots.

BJA is comedy, he's loved by us and would have brought the house down if he'd nailed that header but as RRR says, he's no worse than GA and I'd prefer him up front because he's got better ball control and can run; those two attributes make him miles better.
Hope Billy's OK, seemed like a hamstring injury though which means a good few weeks out.

Good to hear the 'end of game winning music' again.

Can't wait to see AFC get stuffed followed by "ball 63, Crawley Town will play....... 'ball 13' Chelsea" although happy to settle for a trip to Hastings.
Just out of interest, and I know it's not his primary function, have a look at the work Gary gets through in other ares of the pitch before saying BJA is better. Personally I would love both of them to snap out of their malaise and start scoring along with goals from all over the park as well. Roll on this afternoon.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB wrote:
clarkieforce wrote:
Their keeper also played for us for those not in the know!!

Crawley Town

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:34, 26 August 2011 (UTC).

Think it was 1999/2000 actually.

Signed around the time of Adrian Blake's departure IIRC.
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.itv.com/sport/footb.....ford-city/

Chelmsford were awful, no shots at all
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: