CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Sussex Senior Cup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed on the club twitter feed that fringe 1st team players & U18 players will be involved against Whitehawk. Regardless of who starts & the 'weakness' of both clubs starting 11, this is a chance for goals to be smashed in & confidence to be gained for some individuals. Not to mention the valuable game time that those will get. Wonder if RB will be in attendance?

Ben
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Ben wrote:
Confirmed on the club twitter feed that fringe 1st team players & U18 players will be involved against Whitehawk. Regardless of who starts & the 'weakness' of both clubs starting 11, this is a chance for goals to be smashed in & confidence to be gained for some individuals. Not to mention the valuable game time that those will get. Wonder if RB will be in attendance?

Ben

Didnt we do similar against Crawley Down last season? Embarassed
Not that it really matters, although BJA scoring a couple might be a confidence booster for him.
Cynical I know, but maybe Sergio will play in a weak Crawley side, and confirm to the manager that he hasnt got it anymore. Would be nice to see Sergio and Danny Bulman in tandem again though? Not that the result really matters, although also no injuries would be a bonus.
I also see one of our good old players Paul Armstrong is with them, and Romone McCrae wasnt he one of the two players who went to Peterborough?
matt_putland
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....10426.aspx
Quote:
Richie Barker has challenged the fringe players in the squad to "give me a selection headache" when we travel to Whitehawk in the Sussex Senior Cup second round on Wednesday.

The boss has confirmed that players starved of first-team action in recent weeks, as well as some of the under-18s, will be in action at East Brighton Park against the Ryman League outfit, kick off 7.45pm.

Richie said: "This is a competitive fixture and it's a game and a competition we want to do well in.

"We have only had one reserve team game this season because of our busy schedule and the weather so there haven't been the opportunities for guys on the fringes to show what they can offer but this is one.

"I know it must be frustrating for them. But this is their chance. I am looking for a good performance from them on Wednesday and I want to drive away from the game with a few headaches in terms of selection for the next game against Chelmsford on Saturday."

Richie reported that Shaun Cooper, who has been plagued by injury since September, is back in training although he won't be considered on Wednesday.

The above piece is now on the website. I would imagine the 1st reamers that would be involved would be Hunt, Davies, Akinde, Wassmer, with a possibility that maybe even the likes of Torres, Kuipers and Bulman may also get a game.

We have a few talented players at U18 level and it will be interesting to see how they cope up against players at that level and physicality

Admin edit: Source link added
matt_putland
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had confirmation from Whitehawk on Twitter that entry will be 10 for the game tomorrow.

Seems a bit expensive for a game in that competition especially as it will only be a youth and fringe team we will put out.

I can't believe they'd charge that if they were playing Three Bridges or Burgess Hill Town
SMR
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt_putland wrote:
Just had confirmation from Whitehawk on Twitter that entry will be 10 for the game tomorrow.

Seems a bit expensive for a game in that competition especially as it will only be a youth and fringe team we will put out.

I can't believe they'd charge that if they were playing Three Bridges or Burgess Hill Town

It's 8 to get into a Ryman South game, I don't know about Ryman Premier, so 10 doesn't seem that off the mark...
mickf
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt_putland wrote:

We should take it as a compliment then, we must be illustrious opponents!? Very Happy
vessey
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone out there remember the infamous Cant/Dunk game at Whitehawk? Now that was a night to fear for your life!!!
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vessey wrote:
Anyone out there remember the infamous Cant/Dunk game at Whitehawk? Now that was a night to fear for your life!!!

Must have been about 1988? I was only saying yesterday that I shan't be doing this one as I ticked the ground off in the 80's!

Ian
mickf
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vessey wrote:

Wimp! Very Happy
I actually remember going in the bar after that game, and it all seemed fairly sociable, apart from one or two characters!
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt_putland wrote:

That's 10 I will have saved then as I'm at work on a night shift.... Will be following the match via Twitter as no doubt an update will appear on there.

Ben
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's if they can get the pitch ready for tomorrow night.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt_putland wrote:

6 according to their OS (3 concessions)

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/.....seen_these
matt_putland
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/comeonyouhawks

If you follow Whitehawks Twitter account it would appear they have changed their mind and have now reduced prices for the game tomorrow as follows:

Adults 6
Concessions 3
U16's Free

A much more sensible price and I look forward to my first visit to Whitehawk
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt_putland wrote:
https://twitter.com/comeonyouhawks

If you follow Whitehawks Twitter account it would appear they have changed their mind and have now reduced prices for the game tomorrow as follows:

Adults 6
Concessions 3
U16's Free

A much more sensible price and I look forward to my first visit to Whitehawk

Matt maybe they read your first comment about the 10 charge, and decided it made sense to actually charge a more reasonable price Wink

Ben
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB should be there what else could he be better doing with his time than watching fringe players!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: