CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Connor Clifford
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ali C wrote:
Gary M wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Midfielders is something we really don't need with Akpan, Simpson and Adams being fantastic all season.

We're looking shaky at the back and have a front line that can't score.

But then I'm not the boss.

Except of course Akpan not being that fantastic during the 7 games he missed through suspension , the two games he got sent off in and the the game against Yeovil the other night. Otherwise.............

Yeovil? He brought stability back into the midfield, it must be a coincidence that as soon as he returns we play the best we have for a few weeks, can't think of anything he did wrong.

Indeed, despite the loss, we played very well with Akpan being one of the better players! Odd.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
if he was any good Portsmouth would of kept him longer.

Aren't there rules that prevent that unless it's a long loan from outset?

Ian
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....eds-Player
Quote:
Reds Player spoke exclusively to Conor Clifford after he joined the club on loan from Chelsea on Thursday.

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....rd-capture
Quote:
Reds Player caught up with Richie Barker immediately after Conor Clifford joined the club to get his thoughts on the new arrival.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt be surprised if one of the questions in the coaching exam asks; Who needs a striker anyway?

http://inforthehattrick.net/20.....e-striker/
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guildford roader wrote:
Wouldnt be surprised if one of the questions in the coaching exam asks; Who needs a striker anyway?

http://inforthehattrick.net/20.....e-striker/

Answer :

WE DO !!!!

director

Listen to us Richie
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperRedDevils wrote:
A very positive signing, anyone who has seen any footage of him playing for reserves or youth will know he is not afraid to hit the ball from anywhere. He will add the creativity we need and is a great finisher.

The footage looks good but !
I cant see him getting a game. He looks to play centre/right midfield.
So I think his position is Adams or Simpsons spot.
Adams and Akpan are also top scorers.
There is no way RB will drop Jones (also he has been looking better.)
So would you drop Simpson then ?

As I say I cant see him getting a game.
Gary M
First Team
First Team

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ali C wrote:
Gary M wrote:
Midfielders is something we really don't need with Akpan, Simpson and Adams being fantastic all season.

Except of course Akpan not being that fantastic during the 7 games he missed through suspension , the two games he got sent off in and the the game against Yeovil the other night. Otherwise.............

Yeovil? He brought stability back into the midfield, it must be a coincidence that as soon as he returns we play the best we have for a few weeks, can't think of anything he did wrong.

Indeed, despite the loss, we played very well with Akpan being one of the better players! Odd.

Personal opinion re Yeovil, which I stand by, however we can't all agree. Any comments regarding the rest of my post?
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary M wrote:
Ali C wrote:
Gary M wrote:

Personal opinion re Yeovil, which I stand by, however we can't all agree. Any comments regarding the rest of my post?

The only thing I think with Akpan Tuesday was he looked (understandably probably!) tentative in some tackles, otherwise excellent as was our general display, but we need a goalscorer it is so bleedin obvious, can only assume we have run out of money. Nice as this young guy looks in reserve/youth games on lovely summer pitches is he going to plough through the mud midwinter to stick in one of the many chances such as we created on Tuesday? Would just as happily give Jonte a go to see if he can do it!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary M wrote:
Ali C wrote:
Gary M wrote:

I thought he only been suspended for 5 games this season? One after two yellows against Pompey and four after the Oldham one. Or were there some left overs from last season?

I do think he has been one of our better players this season, however as you say that doesn't count for much if you are regularly going to leave your team down to 10 men and then be suspended for big chunks of time.
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary M wrote:
Ali C wrote:
Gary M wrote:

no not really other than it's obvious you're not a fan of Akpan.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: