CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Yeovil Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't present tonight so shan't comment too much, but when you lose a CB to injury/illness (Mcfadzean) why on earth leave a replacement CB on the bench & instead bring on a RB & then switch the defence about? I know RB doesn't rate CW highly, but for heavens sake at least play him as it's his position instead of changing the defence round. Either get Wassmer out on loan or pay him off & let him resume his career elsewhere. Whatever happens RB just sort it out before the fans start questioning you again....

Ben
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Funny how the official site has us "only losing once in 9 league and cup games" whereas elsewhere it is we "havent won for a month in the league"!.

I guess it's been corrected because it now says "twice". That's 2 defeats in our last four league games, and now 5 league games without a win.
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

far2jammy wrote:
Great team performance but the worse news tonight is behind the scenes I am afraid. I hear that our Hong Kong money man has taken his money and run we could be in for challenging winter and beyond!

Nah. He has taken money from the Barnett sale, but not pulled out.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the night we were the better of two not very good teams and ought to have won. But that's what can happen if you're struggling for a goal.
M Jones again did as OK as anyone IMO. Hunt did OK too even if it was his o g. Although only Adams (again) stood out as performing well, the only player who looked out of his depth tonight was Byrne - but he was played out of position (unnecessarily IMO) for half the game so could be excused.

I've not felt much of a problem about Richie Barker so far but am starting to wonder if his ego and stubbornness are getting in the way of some of his selections i.e. he will play HIS players in preference even if the evidence indicates otherwise. Not a pop at M Jones. He seems to be improving the more he settles.

Championship football next season was a nice fantasy while it lasted but really, I think we would get mullered in that division even if we had gone up.
So back to reality. 27 games to get 19 points. Even without our shooting boots we shouldn't have a problem with that Smile .

One issue that seriously p'd me off tonight was that beep of a ref. We took a very quick free kick from half way. The ball was stationary and the kick was from the correct place. Our player was through. Yet he pulled it back for no apparent reason. Mind you, the way it was going tonight, a dog would have probably ran onto the pitch and tackled him.
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
far2jammy wrote:
Great team performance but the worse news tonight is behind the scenes I am afraid. I hear that our Hong Kong money man has taken his money and run we could be in for challenging winter and beyond!

Nah. He has taken money from the Barnett sale, but not pulled out.

That's what I was told his taken some serious money out but I guess that is his previlage considering he put it in at high risk two years ago. But that does mean we are unlikely to splash out to get that striker we need.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought we played well....luck was against us, on another day we would have won 4-0. No criticism of RB, M Jones or the team...typical bloody football when we lose and don't deserve to Crying or Very sad
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB talking to BBC Sussex after the game.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1070091-crawley-barker-rx
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Very frustrating tonight - we were mugged.
I'd love to hear why RB didn't put Wassmer on but had him on the bench. What a kick in the teeth for him.
I think it was bad luck as well as bad finishing that cost us tonight. We do need a decent striker.
I'm worried that RB doesn't makes substitutes when he should. A few of the players looked very tired in last 15 mins and I reckon bringing on Sergio or even Big John for the last 15 mins may have made a difference and put them under more pressure.
On the plus side it was an entertaining game. We had more chances in first 20 mins than we did the whole match on Sat and they had a few as well.
Beginning to look like we will settle down in mid table which I was expecting before the season started.

Do not believe we were mugged, yes we had at least two shots blocked off the line and we hit the bar, but Jones also made a great save with his legs which would have put Yeovil in the lead.
Yeovil were no great shakes and played like a mid-table team, unfortunately so did we!
Does not matter how many shots on target we have, if they are not going in it ultimately means nothing.
However I do agree with you that it was a much better game to watch than Saturday's was, and also that a mid table league postion beckons for us, for some that maybe dissapointing, for me it would be a great achievement in our first season in league one.
RBBA
First Team
First Team

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:

One issue that seriously p'd me off tonight was that beep of a ref. We took a very quick free kick from half way. The ball was stationary and the kick was from the correct place. Our player was through. Yet he pulled it back for no apparent reason. Mind you, the way it was going tonight, a dog would have probably ran onto the pitch and tackled him.

Laughing Laughing Laughing This has just changed my gloomy mood in to outright laughter!
I couldnt believe the ref called it back to be retaken just so he could have a word with the player. Still I guess thats just the way our luck went tonight.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boleynboy wrote:
Nick wrote:
Very frustrating tonight - we were mugged.
I'd love to hear why RB didn't put Wassmer on but had him on the bench. What a kick in the teeth for him.
I think it was bad luck as well as bad finishing that cost us tonight. We do need a decent striker.
I'm worried that RB doesn't makes substitutes when he should. A few of the players looked very tired in last 15 mins and I reckon bringing on Sergio or even Big John for the last 15 mins may have made a difference and put them under more pressure.
On the plus side it was an entertaining game. We had more chances in first 20 mins than we did the whole match on Sat and they had a few as well.
Beginning to look like we will settle down in mid table which I was expecting before the season started.

Do not believe we were mugged, yes we had at least two shots blocked off the line and we hit the bar, but Jones also made a great save with his legs which would have put Yeovil in the lead.
Yeovil were no great shakes and played like a mid-table team, unfortunately so did we!
Does not matter how many shots on target we have, if they are not going in it ultimately means nothing.
However I do agree with you that it was a much better game to watch than Saturday's was, and also that a mid table league postion beckons for us, for some that maybe dissapointing, for me it would be a great achievement in our first season in league one.

But we need to be winning the home games to keep the faithful happy even if we are aiming for mid table. As I have said before, nice as the away wins are they are not the ones to keep the majority happy and coming back for more!
Marky
Coach
Coach

Topics: 57

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we played well tonight. Our midfield four were on form, even Mike Jones (although his workrate needs to increase, his general play was good).

The game was crying out for Akinde to come on for Alexander and offer something different, you know, the ability to run or hold the ball up, yet the change never came. Even if it was only for the last 10-15 minutes. Alexander is a better finisher than Akinde, but Akinde's general play is better than Alexander's. If Alexander can't score, and hasn't scored for about a dozen games, what gives him the right to start ahead of Akinde?

Aside from that, good build up play, a change in strikers (be it what we have or new a loan signing), and we'll be fine. Tonight confirmed for me that our only expectation is to avoid relegation, anything else is a bonus. More than halfway to safety in less than half of the games, I think Barker is doing a pretty good job so far.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we were unlucky on balance. Couldn't fault the effort and work rate, however we badly lack a cutting edge.

First half they had the better chances, three decent saves from Jones (throne from the header was outstanding) whilst we didn't trouble their keeper.

Second half it was the other way around, they were saved by a decent save, kick off the line and the bar. In the end it was a sucker punch that got us, a corner and an own goal in the last minute.

If we needed proof that Wassmer and Akinde have had it at Crawley it was tonight. We preferred a left back in the middle, plus didn't use Akinde when we were crying out for a change.

The areas for attention were there for all to see. No cutting edge, Alexander too slow and ridiculous to expect Clarke to battle for long balls against a 6ft plus centre back. Also Adams is really our only supply line from midfield.

Despite the result I thought it was better than Saturday, however 3 points from 15 is a wake up call. I hope we will see some movement in the loan market before the weekend.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB lost us the game tonight, the players tried hard allbeit sometimes making wrong moves and lacking cohesion it was Rb that lost us the game. Riddiculous sub briinging on Ajose, you make subs to change a game i the situation we were in it did nothing. Shocking defending for the goal conceeded yet again from a set piece does RB bother with training exercises? What does Sergio need to do to get a game? What an utter waste of talent in Charlie Wassmer when we had a make shift CH struggle and it showed. Big John Akinde shouldve been on that pitcgh in placxe of a tired Gary A as the game wore on.

Play offs over, we were always puncvhing above our weight but there was a chance, no hope now thanks to the inability, lack of experience and common sense from a manager that can not take us in any direction upwards.

there is reason to say we were very unlucky with the chances we created but you have to put them away. really the win arte lately and the last 2 matches show we are lucky to be in this division as i think in we were in league 2 for teh rest of the season we would struggle there.

The sooner the club realises Rb cant take us anywhere upwards the better.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
RB lost us the game tonight, the players tried hard allbeit sometimes making wrong moves and lacking cohesion it was Rb that lost us the game. Riddiculous sub briinging on Ajose, you make subs to change a game i the situation we were in it did nothing. Shocking defending for the goal conceeded yet again from a set piece does RB bother with training exercises? What does Sergio need to do to get a game? What an utter waste of talent in Charlie Wassmer when we had a make shift CH struggle and it showed. Big John Akinde shouldve been on that pitcgh in placxe of a tired Gary A as the game wore on.

Play offs over, we were always puncvhing above our weight but there was a chance, no hope now thanks to the inability, lack of experience and common sense from a manager that can not take us in any direction upwards.

there is reason to say we were very unlucky with the chances we created but you have to put them away. really the win arte lately and the last 2 matches show we are lucky to be in this division as i think in we were in league 2 for teh rest of the season we would struggle there.

The sooner the club realises Rb cant take us anywhere upwards the better.

troll knob
reddoboy
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not use Akinde what's to lose!!!!!!

Rushing fadz back before he was ready,idiot

Barker yor decisions are *beep*-you cocked up the defence bigtime.

And you have Really,Really,insulted Charlie now,such a nice lad to,you low life,let the lad go now,so he can resume his career with a CLUB and MANAGER that want him.

I bet there are players in the dressing room wondering why the hell YOU are the manager of our beloved Crawley.

I didn't want you at the beginning as our manager,because of your stupid decisions,why am I not surprised I don't feel any different now. Rolling Eyes [/b]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: