CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Walsall matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
Poor performance from a team managed by one of the most qualified manager's under 40 in Europe.

Laughing Laughing
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't understand why Claude stayed on as he got injured just on half time and could hardly move 2nd half. It's too risky to have a pacy forward running at a defender who can't run or turn if he is injured.
If he had have come off he wouldn't have got booked and he may have been fit enough to play on Tues.
We were lucky to hang on although Connelly had a good chance right at the end.
With Claude out on Tues, we will really struggle if Faz hasn't recovered.

Still, a point is a point.
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
Poor performance from a team managed by one of the most qualified manager's under 40 in Europe.

I did like it when we brought clarke off just after we had gone 2-1 down ,scratch when it comes to substitutions he has the tactical ability of a pigeon.
thedarkhorse
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadful game. I've been away away for two weeks, missing three games. After today's viewing I wish I was still away (watching premier league hand ball) .

I don't know why Clarke got booed when he was subbed off, didn't think he was any worse than the rest. Claude did what he had to do whenever required, Forte did quite well (tho' lucky for his goal). The rest seemed ineffectual.
oldcodger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO a shocking game of football from very poor efforts by both teams, one of the worst games I have seen at the Broadfield.
No team deserved a point. Can not understand whe we have to wait and wait until changes are made when they are clearly neccessary.
Also the crowd were quiet for most of the match.
Have just come back from holiday in Poland where I watched a league 3 game and to be honest it was a better game of football and the atmosphere generated by a 50 strong ultra" contingent was superb for 90 mins.
My only hope is that we are not able to play any worse.
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarkhorse wrote:
Dreadful game. I've been away away for two weeks, missing three games. After today's viewing I wish I was still away (watching premier league hand ball) .

I don't know why Clarke got booed when he was subbed off, didn't think he was any worse than the rest. Claude did what he had to do whenever required, Forte did quite well (tho' lucky for his goal). The rest seemed ineffectual.

The boo's happened because he got taken off.

I am really not a fan of Barker, and i can say this now, we will slip so far down the table by January, that his huge ego will have to take a step back.

He only ever makes a change when he is forced to do so, i.e when we go behind even tho you can see it was going to happen.

Last edited by 2oo2Red on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curt_CTFC
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarkhorse wrote:

the booing was for the substitution not clarke, they were booing the decision to take him off
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB talking to BBC Sussex after the game.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/106466.....th-walsall
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With problems in defence by the sounds of things, is Wassmer likely to feature do we think on Tuesday? I know he hasn't been in favour under RB this season (as yet) but by the sounds of things I don't see what other Choice RB has. Hopefully Fadz willbe fit again. Connolly hasn't impressed when he's played so maybe time for Wassmer to be given the nod? Even if it's for that 1 game only?

Ben
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Claude picked up his 5th yellow of the season late on today so will miss Tuesday's game, as will Walsh following his red card.

If McFadzean is still unwell come Tuesday we'll have only one recognised centre-back fit.

Connolly and Wassmer could pair up surely? Or did Charlie go out on loan and I missed it? In an emergency I believe John Akinde can provide fairly able cover. Probably end up scoring an own goal.
TBH, I'm a bit concerned about our defending even when we do have our first choices available. We have always looked vulnerable to runners.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite sure what to make of that.

2-2 means we haven't lost and we have got a couple of goals against a good side (on a bad run). 2-2 also means we have failed to beat a side who are below half way and have not won for 12 matches!

I am trying to think of a way of saying this without being too harsh but the best I can come up with is that we didn't have a plan. It appeared that the players had been told to play passing football but there was no direction in their play.

Worrying

Jim Baker
RBBA
First Team
First Team

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i have to say is.....boring boring Crawley
thedarkhorse
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

Curt_CTFC wrote:

the booing was for the substitution not clarke, they were booing the decision to take him off

I hope Billy knows that!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

TBH I think we were fortunate to get a point. They had almost twice as many shots on target, hit the bar and forced a couple of decent saves from Jones.

Best player was the small guy up front for them who had good pace and generally gave us a tough time. He would have been clean through again had Walsh not brought him down, obvious red card but may have saved us a point.

In contrast we don't have any pace, our midfield is all huff and puff but little cutting edge apart from Adams.

Forte looked our most likely source of a goal, needless to say he was taken off having scored. Clarke was his usual mixed bag, great finish for the first but otherwise didn't run, jump or compete.

The other thing is with Alexander any passes have to be telegraphed as he is so slow he needs 5 minutes notice to get there. I'm sure he is a yard slower than last season, maybe at 33 he doesn't have the legs for L1 and Brentford were right not to offers him a longer deal.

Team selection for Tues will be interesting, Forte loan now over I think, Walsh and Davis suspended. Hopefully Fadz will be back.

3 points out of 12 but we are still in a play off spot.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it was not one of our better performances, I think the team can take great credit for still going for the win even when a player light. We nearly got it too right at the end - though that would have been very harsh on Walsall.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: