CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Met Police matchday thread (FAC1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People really need to consider that this is a team still in the development stage. RB came in with half the time pre-season that other managers had. So we are still missing 3-4 pieces of the jigsaw. But if we can get to the transfer window in a reasonable position, i'd imagine he would be after the 3-4 he needs, and a good idea who they are.

Theres no point driving players out when we really don't have any cover .. Confused
Gatwickred
First Team
First Team

Topics: 235

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compsdakeeper wrote:
I think Alexander gets a bit too much stick on here. Sadly, some less intelligent fans (in terms of football) on here seem to think its all about Alexander scoring goals and if he doesnt do that, he is poor. Im sorry, but the second goal sums him up well, yes handball, but he held off a defender and laid on a great pass for clarke to take all the glory. IMO, the goalscoring success of the midfielders is partly down to GA, he holds the ball up well and brings in other players. Obviously people see his contribution differently, and some will argue he has to score goals, but I think he is making a decent contribution to a winning team and maybe deserves more credit.

well said, had to tell some fan the same today and would Millwall fans slag him off if he was back playing for them i think not !!
Greg
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 378

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compsdakeeper wrote:
I think Alexander gets a bit too much stick on here. Sadly, some less intelligent fans (in terms of football) on here seem to think its all about Alexander scoring goals and if he doesnt do that, he is poor. Im sorry, but the second goal sums him up well, yes handball, but he held off a defender and laid on a great pass for clarke to take all the glory. IMO, the goalscoring success of the midfielders is partly down to GA, he holds the ball up well and brings in other players. Obviously people see his contribution differently, and some will argue he has to score goals, but I think he is making a decent contribution to a winning team and maybe deserves more credit.

Their No5 had Alexander in his pocket all game. And yes a forward is there to score goals.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Their No5 had Alexander in his pocket all game. And yes a forward is there to score goals.

Apart from when Alexander had a hand in both goals? Razz
Peter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

Josh Simpson interview with BBC Sussex.
http://audioboo.fm/boos/103918.....fa-cup-win

Richie Barker interview with BBC Sussex.
http://audioboo.fm/boos/103916.....met-police

Josh Simpson on Reds Player.
http://www.player.crawleytownf.....Police-win
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Earlier comment made on here about David Hunt, does that suggest his time at CTFC is coming to an end? I mean if a rightback can't replace the rightback who is injured, and instead a CB moves to RB and a LB comes on then surely the game must be up? Especially against Ryman League opposition! Shocked

Ben
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Bulman and Torres were both given a chance today. Bully faded after he got booked and was unable to do the type of challenge he is known for. You could see he pulled out of a couple for fear of a second yellow. Torres huffed and puffed and then ended up being substituted.
Maybe that shows RB has been right not to start him in recent games.

Maybe if Torres had been given more game time recently he would have been more effective?

Peter wrote:
And I'm not sure about Akinde's introduction. For everyone moaning about Alexander can you remind me what JA did during their time on the pitch please?

I think Akinde touched the ball about the same amount of times that Gazza did all game?
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
And to say JA ran more in 10 minutes than GA did over 90 is laughable. Laughing

Big John seemed scared of the ball...

Ian
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
compsdakeeper wrote:

Case well and truly rested Comps.

Ian
Peter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Peter wrote:
Bulman and Torres were both given a chance today. Bully faded after he got booked and was unable to do the type of challenge he is known for. You could see he pulled out of a couple for fear of a second yellow. Torres huffed and puffed and then ended up being substituted.
Maybe that shows RB has been right not to start him in recent games.

Maybe if Torres had been given more game time recently he would have been more effective?

People were crying out for him to start and today was his chance to cement a place in the side. With Hope out for 4 games there's a space up for grabs. I'm not sure he lived up to the hype.

notso wrote:
Peter wrote:
And I'm not sure about Akinde's introduction. For everyone moaning about Alexander can you remind me what JA did during their time on the pitch please?

I think Akinde touched the ball about the same amount of times that Gazza did all game?

And how many times was that then?
Marky
Coach
Coach

Topics: 57

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Akinde helped out with the defending when we were under the cosh at the end, not a lot else he could do to be honest.

Picking a man of the match will be tough, probably goes to Paul Jones.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good advert for L1. Good luck to the Met Police for the rest of the season, they deserve to do well if they can raise their game like that.

As for our players who are over paid compared to their opposition today? Extra training I think.

Couldn't believe that Hunty didn't come on when Byrne was injured. What the hell is Barker thinking? Instead we had a team that completely lost any semblance of shape that it didn't have a lot of in the first place.

Never mind, 18k in the bank, better than nothing. Although I feel that the Met Police were robbed - if thats allowed?
compsdakeeper
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
compsdakeeper wrote:

If anyone got the better of GA it was surely Joe Dolan (No 4) rather than the 5?!? Thought he played well before going off and doesnt seem to have lost much in terms of ability since his short time at CTFC.

Gary Alexander is a Target Man who brings others into play and I think you'll find he normally bags 20ish goals a season (good for his type of player). He isn't finding the net lately, but my point is he is still bringing something to the table, it just isn't goals. Sadly, it appears some I.E.Greg base their opinions on a scoresheet rather than what actually occurs on the pitch.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by all accounts not an great win never thought it was gonna be but you get no extra reward for a 10-0 thrashing, so we enter the draw for the next round, lets move on (not that thats in itself much consolation to anyone that spent over the odds watching a poor Reds performance) and now lets hope we get a decent draw
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Greg wrote:
compsdakeeper wrote:

Case well and truly rested Comps.

Ian

How to prove a point in one fell swoop.
It's painful at times isn't it.

Last edited by Armchairfan on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: