CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Met Police predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTFC-1 wrote:
Im predicting and absolutely dire game. However, I think quality will shine through and we will win 0-3.
I think that Alexander is a must start for this one! He needs a game where he is likely to score, and is there any better than this?

Agree, a poor game but a 3-0 win.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Ian wrote:
steve leake wrote:
Just read that we are not certain to have Byrne, Ajose or Forte. Thoughts anyone?

Paper talk?

I can't see Byrne getting an FAC game at Spurs, and the same is certainly true of Forte at Southampton.

Ajose could of course be in the frame at Peterborough, but that all depends on whether we exercise our option.

I don't think Byrne has a squad number at Spurs so I can't see why they wouldn't let him play. I'm not that fussed whether Ajose or Forte are allowed to play.

Byrne can play. Ajose and Forte can't.

https://twitter.com/crawleytown/status/264029553205329920
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
rubyred wrote:
Peter wrote:
Anything less than a four goal victory margin will be disappointing.

It depends what side is put out.

There are two sides of the coin:

Last season we played Redbridge, another potential banana skin, but Evans put out our full first team. For much of the early stages Redbridge were in the game. Had it not been for our quality we would have struggled with a lesser side out. As it was a 5-0 win was about right.

The season before we played Dartford in the FA Trophy and Evans left out Tubbs and others. As a result little quality on show and we went 3-1 down. Only when Tubbs came on did we claw it back to 3-3. Had the first team been on show from the start we would have beaten them.

The reason why so many lower teams beat the higher teams is because those higher teams put out squad players or players that have not played. This gives the opposition an advantage. That 4 league gap is closed of your own making.

The FA Cup has been very good to us the past couple of seasons and it has certainly helped put us where we are now. We should not underestimate Met Police in any way. They will be up for it. The only changes I would make is start with Torres and Bulman.

4-0 First team
2-1 to Met Police with squad players
COYR

Can't be true. Our squad players are better than Ryman Premier standard. Jonte Smith is a squad player, yet he's clearly too good for that division.

And why would we put out anything less than a first team? It's the FA Cup 1st rnd!

Our squad players should be better than Ryman standard, but then how many times over the past couple of years have you seen in the Derby,Hull,Bristol City,Torquay,Swindon forums that 'squad players and giving chances to xx player will beat Crawley and we shouldn't be losing to Crawley with that squad'.

If we put out the full first team and don't win then we don't deserve to. Put out a lesser side and we only have ourselves to blame should we lose.

It's interesting to see the shoe on the other foot and how quickly we are the favourites. One thing I havn't forgotten is why we were underdogs and how we came to beat the favourites. That is something we should be wary of, 4 leagues apart or not.
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:
...and if we field Akinde up front and lose..................... violent1 violent1 violent1

We had Dave Stevens AND Danny Hockton up front at Flackwell Heath.. Rolling Eyes

...despite that... we won..!

You forget that we had about 60 chances to win it. I'll never forget Stevens miss on the line and Hockton following up and missing too. We had a good side that year but our strikers needed 12 chances to score every goal which was our downfall.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-1 win, couple of thousand, injury avoidance a factor in team selection with 2 big away league games coming up

Kuipers
Hunt Davis Connolly Walsh
Byrne Simpson Jones Bulman Sergio
Clarke
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: