CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Portsmouth matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at the game today. Dominated the first half by a mile but we never looked like scoring with that lineup unfortunately. The way we were playing though was very positive and presumably the planned changes might have yielded a goal in the 2nd half with maybe An impact attacker on but all that went out the window with Pompey cheating and getting our lads sent off by that absolute clown Deadman. He's notorious for controversial stuff and loves nothing better than lording it in a TV match when he knows everyone is watching. He handed them 3 points and they wouldn't have scored in a brothel otherwise. Totally disgusted.
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Even before the cards started flying I didn't think we were at our best today. We were too slow to close them down.

First red - would like to see it again on TV, however it was shocking defending and a hospital ball put Simpson in a difficult position.

Even then we were looking good for a point, however a crazy tackle by Akpan cost us big time. No need to jump in in that position on the field.

After that they ran away with it. Second goal looked like it was a foul to us and they broke and scored from the free kick, the third looked marginal for offside.

Too many players under par I'm afraid. Hunt was shocking, hoof ball, out of position to often and lost his man for the critical first. Not sure he is up to it in L1. Jones has a good touch but isn't a left midfielder. The jury is still out on Sadler for me. I would also like to have seen a bit more workrate (esp Ajose) when we were down to 10 men.

As stated above the ref was abysmal.

It was crying out for Clarke to come on to look for a killer ball.

Disappointing but we will have a few days like this. Not a disaster and we need to regroup for Preston.

I have no idea how Ajose got MOTM. He was mainly ineffective IMO
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Barker's tactics Reply with quote

1. Alexander playing in midfield/winger Shocked
2. Clarke not involved at all Shocked
3. Ajose left on his own upfront with not a hope in hell of winning anything Shocked

Am i disillusioned?
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aree. It was Nicky Adams for me.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Barker's tactics Reply with quote

Ali C wrote:
1. Alexander gplayin in midfield/winger Shocked
2. Clarke not involved at all Shocked
3. Ajose left on his own upfront with not a hope in hell of winning anything Shocked

Am i disillusioned?
[

Alexander "playing"? He was out-muscled by their youth team player today. - He didn't look interested.

JTG[/b]
Chris Wright

Topics: 125

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky's half-time summarisers were unanimous in calling Simpson's red a dreadful decision. Deadman was not in the best position to see actual contact - of which there was none - but if we are going to call linesman "referee's assistants", then they need to start assisting. That said, Deadman is all about "me, me, me", so he was never going to take the advice anyway.

Sadly, as has been pointed out, there is no appeal process for yellow cards, so Akpan and Simpson will be missing one game together.

Akpan still has a lot of growing up to do. His second yellow was daft, given Deadman's previous AND the fact that he had a yellow to his name already. It was a challenge that didn't need to be made. It was a foul, but McLeod made the most of it, ensuring Akpan went the way of Simpson.

Fortunately for McLeod, he managed to recover from Akpan's apparently life-threatening challenge to time his run (he was onside, sadly), skip around Jones and score the third. In fact, I don't remember McLeod doing anything else in the game.

Then there was the build-up to the second goal. As I saw it, Bulman would have been through on goal had Howard not grabbed his shirt, so not only was there an ungiven foul, but a Pompey red went missing too. Deadman wanted to be centre of attention, but got all the big decisions wrong.

As for the team, the Simpson dismissal spoiled the chance to perform under normal circumstances. But having read so much about what the Reds can do, I was totally underwhelmed by what I saw on TV. Still, the silver lining has got to be that no-one else would be impressed either...
pastmaster
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt_CTFC wrote:
aboslute joke, that ref was a complete digrace.

As is your spelling!

I'd love to see ref's shown replays and interviewd afterwards like the players and managers are.

I don't know what that pillock Deadman would be able to say about it other than a king sized 'whoops' as he was completely wrong.

It will be interesting to see if he loses games over it as they sometimes do when the referees managment want to punish them....and boy does he deserve it.
butlersoft
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pastmaster wrote:
Curt_CTFC wrote:
aboslute joke, that ref was a complete digrace.

As is your spelling!

I'd love to see ref's shown replays and interviewd afterwards like the players and managers are.

I don't know what that pillock Deadman would be able to say about it other than a king sized 'whoops' as he was completely wrong.

It will be interesting to see if he loses games over it as they sometimes do when the referees managment want to punish them....and boy does he deserve it.

....touché for your spelling of "management" Wink
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Referee,Deadman MUST be reported to the FA for his total incompetence.I think the man in the middle dished out 9 yellow cards alone and it wasn't a nasty game in my view.Was there an assessor at the game today?

I still think that had eleven Reds stayed on the field for 90 minutes,we still wouldn't have scored.

JTG
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we just need to move on from this. I've had time to calm down a little after that, and the chance to watch parts again on TV. I was incensed at the injustice of Akpan's sending off, and their third "offside" goal (as if it mattered very much) but realise that both were about right. However Deadman had already dictated the direction of the game anyway by then with his ridiculous performance.

Bad day really - I thought we'd get a better crowd than that. We found ourselves sitting in the East stand with Pompey fans in the seats right beside us and a few rows behind. Doesn't over-bother me personally (and they were ok - agreeing with me when I suggested they'd bribed the officials!) but probably something the club needs to look for any similar fixtures in the future.
GreyTrader
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
The ref had a very poor game but then so did nearly every Crawley player.

This was a very poor display by Crawley today,far to much long ball looking for a totally ineffective Gary Alexander.We looked like a Sunday morning team playing after someones stag do the night before.

For league One footballers they should really be able to do the basics right.
Find a player and pass to feet whilst going forward would be a good start.

Did we actually have a shot on target in this match,i remember Akpans effort in the first half but that flew 3 foot wide of the goal.
This was a game to forget for lots of reasons, the ref being one and our managers hoof ball tactics and poor decision making another.

Would we have improved as the game went on if we had kept 11 players on the pitch,who knows,but when we did have had 11 players we didn't look convincing did we.A match where the home side fails to produce any sort of meaningful chances on goal during 90 minutes will not bring the punters flooding back for more.

Lets all hope our manager isn't one of those that thinks aimless long balls to a static centre forward is the way to go.

Agree.
From the way we were playing football on the deck for the pre season under SOD we managed to carry that on for the first couple of games under RB but IMO we have game by game gradually started to play more and more long ball. Granted nowhere near as much as last season but still a worrying trend. Lets hope this can be turned around.

Also still not sure about our formation with not enough second balls won in midfield. Would like to see Bulman on from the start and Torres when fit again.
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry about Gary A. He's suppossed to be our star striker and yet his ball control has gone, has little movement, always gets manhandled / outmuscled and is largely ineffective.
Can't help feeling Evans persuaded him to come this way to shore up a flagging promotion push in exchange for a long contract for someone of his age.
Armchairfan can't understand why our players get applauded off when they are sent off. I completely agree with him. It's a disgrace to be sent off (however unfair it may seem) and it puts a huge burden on others and as we saw when Akpan was sent off, Ajose was sacrificed to bring Connelly which is the knock on effect.
Really think we got what we deserved today, if our Manager can't control himself, what hope do we have of keeping all 11 on at the end of a game?
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d_c_bryan wrote:
if our Manager can't control himself, what hope do we have of keeping all 11 on at the end of a game?

Did anybody see or hear what RB did to get sent off? He comes across as a calm person, quite the opposite to Evans.
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I didnt see but the elbow to Alexander's head and no free kick was the last straw. TBH I would be seething also if I was in his position. Probably said how much are cash scrapped pompey paying him Laughing

Last edited by Matt88 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
d_c_bryan wrote:
if our Manager can't control himself, what hope do we have of keeping all 11 on at the end of a game?

Did anybody see or hear what RB did to get sent off? He comes across as a calm person, quite the opposite to Evans.

We were in the West Stand pretty close to the home dug out and just saw the ref running over to the 4th official - saw no outburst before but RB was pretty heated up about something, presumably about the 'no foul' on Danny only for one to be given 15 seconds later to Portsmouth from which they scored their 2nd from a decent free kick.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: