CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

O'Driscoll is new Manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
popnfresh wrote:
Quote:
im not against SOD just belive the board acted too quickly and perhaps couldve got someone with a better track record

Too quickly? We've got a few months to build a team ready for next season. I was worried that the club had acted too slowly and O'Driscoll was going to get snapped up by another club

Everyone has great things to say about him. A friend who's a Forest Fan says his arrival and input saved saved their season.

These win ratio's are a very 2D to judge management records (Avram Grant's win ratio looked pretty good before his Portsmouth move). They don't take into account
RedDev82
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 65

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased we have this manager that was appointed yesterday/or the day before. I was actually thinking a few days back "when are we getting a permanent manager in?". Sean O'Driscoll, welcome to CTFC.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
popnfresh wrote:
Quote:
im not against SOD just belive the board acted too quickly and perhaps couldve got someone with a better track record

Too quickly? We've got a few months to build a team ready for next season. I was worried that the club had acted too slowly and O'Driscoll was going to get snapped up by another club

Everyone has great things to say about him. A friend who's a Forest Fan says his arrival and input saved saved their season.

These win ratio's are a very 2D to judge management records (Avram Grant's win ratio looked pretty good before his Portsmouth move). They don't take into account
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
James wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
popnfresh wrote:
Quote:

Darren
First Team
First Team

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Reds' new manager Sean O'Driscoll has set his sights on developing the club further, while continuing the success of recent seasons.

The former Bournemouth and Doncaster boss was appointed yesterday, and says the club's honesty was a huge factor in him becoming the new manager.

Speaking at a media conference at the Broadfield Stadium today, Sean said: "All the questions I asked were answered honestly. If people are honest you appreciate that more and everyone was.

"They know exactly where they are, exactly what they have achieved and exactly what they want to achieve.

"(Chief Executive) Alan (Williams) will tell you I like to do due diligence. I ended up writing reports and what have you.

"It takes me a while to do a lot of things but you go with your gut instinct. I think I can take Crawley to the next level of development."

Sean, who brings with him a wealth of experience, believes his time with Doncaster will stand him in good stead.

And he also sees comparisons between ourselves and League 1 play-off semi-finalists Stevenage, who also achieved back-to-back promotions and then contested the League 1 play-offs.

"In football you wait for opportunities and they bypass you. This seems to be a good fit," he added.

I did a similar job at Doncaster, and this is another club that wants to move in the right direction. There's a good set of people behind the scenes that work really hard.

"The benchmark is a team like Stevenage, a club that is on the next step which is something we can have a look at.

"They managed to get into the play-offs in League 1 with a good set of players who have work hard together.

"This is one of the reasons that Crawley have been successful and hopefully we can keep that and add to it."

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/p.....71,00.html

And from BBC Sussex on Twitter:
Quote:
SEAN O'DRISCOLL PRESSER - One year rolling contract, funds available, Coppell staying on as DOF; interviews to come

Coppell confirms no longer involved in training; O'Driscoll keen to have ex-assistant Richard O'Kelly at club

https://twitter.com/BBCSussexSport
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Quote:
Reds' new manager Sean O'Driscoll has set his sights on developing the club further, while continuing the success of recent seasons.

The former Bournemouth and Doncaster boss was appointed yesterday, and says the club's honesty was a huge factor in him becoming the new manager.

Speaking at a media conference at the Broadfield Stadium today, Sean said: "All the questions I asked were answered honestly. If people are honest you appreciate that more and everyone was.

"They know exactly where they are, exactly what they have achieved and exactly what they want to achieve.

"(Chief Executive) Alan (Williams) will tell you I like to do due diligence. I ended up writing reports and what have you.

"It takes me a while to do a lot of things but you go with your gut instinct. I think I can take Crawley to the next level of development."

Sean, who brings with him a wealth of experience, believes his time with Doncaster will stand him in good stead.

And he also sees comparisons between ourselves and League 1 play-off semi-finalists Stevenage, who also achieved back-to-back promotions and then contested the League 1 play-offs.

"In football you wait for opportunities and they bypass you. This seems to be a good fit," he added.

I did a similar job at Doncaster, and this is another club that wants to move in the right direction. There's a good set of people behind the scenes that work really hard.

"The benchmark is a team like Stevenage, a club that is on the next step which is something we can have a look at.

"They managed to get into the play-offs in League 1 with a good set of players who have work hard together.

"This is one of the reasons that Crawley have been successful and hopefully we can keep that and add to it."

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/p.....71,00.html

And from BBC Sussex on Twitter:
Quote:
SEAN O'DRISCOLL PRESSER - One year rolling contract, funds available, Coppell staying on as DOF; interviews to come

Coppell confirms no longer involved in training; O'Driscoll keen to have ex-assistant Richard O'Kelly at club

https://twitter.com/BBCSussexSport
well at least he didnt over commit himself like SE saying he'll move us outtta the division in x number years!
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
James wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
popnfresh wrote:
Quote:

Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're wasting your time James. More chance of getting sense out of the butcher's dog.
oakie
First Team
First Team

Topics: 55

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
You're wasting your time James. More chance of getting sense out of the butcher's dog.

and what win percentage does the dog have?
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
the appointment says more about the clubs limited resourses that i believe they will make him available then the appointment itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O'Driscoll

A 36.2% win rate doesnt impress me, but I shall wait and see what happens, the one thing thats fantastic news is SC isnt the manager. What will destroy that good news is if SC brief is as before to meddle wherever and whenever he wants to.

A thought for CB what the heck did he do so wrong? I wouldve given CB at least until Christmas and there was no need for the club to rush into getting the first one that comes along.

So let's get this straight. You wanted to give the managers job to someone who had only coached, managed and played in Scotland, was a number three here and caretaker managed 6 games along with Steve Coppell and who is unlikely to have a blackbook of names larger than one page.

Yet you dismiss O'Driscoll who knows players at league 1 and above and has got a team promoted from not only league 2 but league 1 as well and who's black book of names probably resembles the yellow pages.

It isn't about what someone has done wrong, it is about what they could bring to the club by way of doing things at this level in terms of coaching, bringing in players, the youth set up, the community side of things.

For the record, I am delighted CB has remained as part of the coaching team.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R,R & R = tool Rolling Eyes la

I really wanted an emoticon that was more apt....perhaps one could be designed?
RBBA
First Team
First Team

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wodin wrote:

What about iamwithstupid knob tool ? All are perfect for RR&R!
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTFC-1 wrote:
Wodin wrote:

What about iamwithstupid knob tool ? All are perfect for RR&R!

Not Forgetting - dunce

and the effect he has on people - violent4 protest pottytrain5
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever your opinion of RR&R, he is the most talked about person on the forum.

Wink
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned from Germany today & delighted to see the appointment of SOD as manager. Really believe he can consolidate the team in L1 next season & then see where things are in 12 months time. I have no doubt all fans will back the fella. Except RR&R that is because he is the messiah of football & knows more than all these qualified coaches you read & hear about Shocked

Ben
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: